DCOM server created in VB6 not responding
Author Message
 DCOM server created in VB6 not responding

I have a DCOM server and client developed in the VB.
Server includes a class with a public function that saves
certain data to a database. The client is a simple
application that includes one button which uses
CreateObject method to call DCOM server and try to save
that data to a database.

I have installed both server and client using a setup
created by Package & Deployement wizard, step by step as
it is explained in the MSDN.

The problem: if the client is on the same machine as
server, everything works fine, but that's now what I want.
If I install client on other machine in a network, I can
access the server in Visual Basic, or that client
application, but when I try to run that server function,
everything stops. When I try to click on the command
button in the client application again, I get
the "application is busy" message with "switch
to", "retry" and "abort" buttons.

My question: What could be the source of the problem?

Thank you for the answer,
Blaz Ziherl

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 03:51:47 GMT

1. Client/Server DCOM not responding

2. Monitor on Server with MS SQL Server Does Not Respond

3. OLE - "Server not responding"

4. Server Application not Responding

5. SQL server not responding..

6. RPC server unavailable or not responding

7. client does not respond to an ActiveX.exe Server event

8. CALLING DCOM SERVER FROM VB6

9. How to set Reference in VB6 using DCOM-Server

10. VB5 ActiveX Server, using DCom (NOT!)

11. Server.CreateObject does not support DCOM

12. Creating client-server application using DCOM