CDO and PWS/IIS
Author Message
 CDO and PWS/IIS

In a webclass I want to send smtp mail.

I would like to use CDONTS, but that is only for IIS on NT

I am now using CDO MAPI library calls (cdo.dll) which runs on 95/98 (my
development machine)

Does anyone know how I can use only one CDO library that runs on both IIS
and PWS ??

Thanks in advance...

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO and PWS/IIS
Why not use the API calls on both?
Quote:

>In a webclass I want to send smtp mail.

>I would like to use CDONTS, but that is only for IIS on NT

>I am now using CDO MAPI library calls (cdo.dll) which runs on 95/98 (my
>development machine)

>Does anyone know how I can use only one CDO library that runs on both IIS
>and PWS ??

>Thanks in advance...

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO and PWS/IIS
You can code Mapi or SMTP in an activeX DLL that could be used by both very
easily.  www.netfokus.dk/vbadmincode has a good SMTP example.

I remember seeing a tip that implied if you installed outlook on PWS, it
would install the CDO DLL's, cant conform it for you though, may be worth a
try anyway.

John Timney (MVP)

Quote:
>I would like to use CDONTS, but that is only for IIS on NT

>I am now using CDO MAPI library calls (cdo.dll) which runs on 95/98 (my
>development machine)

>Does anyone know how I can use only one CDO library that runs on both IIS
>and PWS ??

>Thanks in advance...

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO and PWS/IIS
To use the CDO dll on NT you need to install the Microsoft SMTP server on
the same machine as your IIS site.  If it isn't there then it isn't going to
work.  Once you have it installed and set up (a real pain!) then it is dead
easy to send messages.
Have a look at the web sites like http://www.15seconds.com which I think is
where I saw how to do it.

Hope this helps
    Ben
--

DNA Solutions

Quote:

>In a webclass I want to send smtp mail.

>I would like to use CDONTS, but that is only for IIS on NT

>I am now using CDO MAPI library calls (cdo.dll) which runs on 95/98 (my
>development machine)

>Does anyone know how I can use only one CDO library that runs on both IIS
>and PWS ??

>Thanks in advance...

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CDO and PWS/IIS
...And one  nightmare to watch out for is that CDONTS don't work if your
running your web app in its own memory space - unless you use a workaround
that is - I just spent a couple of days tearing my hair out over CDONTS -
got it working now though - down to my last strand of hair!!!!

see Microsoft Support/Knowledgebase article Q184270

PaulW

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CDO and PWS/IIS

2. IIS and PWS

3. Works on PWS but not on IIS (ASP)

4. ASP pages work in PWS but not in IIS

5. binary.write different in PWS & IIS

6. IIS and PWS does not release resource

7. ASP/ADO and IIS/PWS...

8. ~IIS From PWS

9. A Visual Basic Web Server (No PWS or IIS)

10. PWS / IIS

11. application IIS in my PC with PWS

12. IIS/PWS hanging