How can I capture the screen picture???
Author Message
 How can I capture the screen picture???

I'm looking for a way to capture and print the screen shot, just like I can
do pressing the PrintScreen key.

There's no limit on the solution you will suggest (VC, VB, API, VBA). I will
use it in a OLE Server application so I could write an MFC application or a
VB OCX.

What I need is to capture the screen shot in the clipboard and then print
the image on the default printer with no user interaction.

Thanks
Luca ENEA-SPILIMBERGO
TELCO S.r.l. - Automazioni Industriali
Via Padergnone, 7A/7B - 24050 Grassobbio (BG) - ITALY
Tel. +39-035-525098 - Fax +39-035-526111

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???
Hi,  We have a new control just released called AgScreen.  It allows screen
capture a number of different ways including hwnd, mouse area, rectangle,
current screen, desktop etc.  You can download an eval copy at
http://www.AgendumSoftware.com
--
Sincerely,

Todd B - Agendum Software

FREE Tools available on our website (updated 29Jun99) !! NEW Product
Releases!

Quote:
> I'm looking for a way to capture and print the screen shot, just like I
can
> do pressing the PrintScreen key.

> There's no limit on the solution you will suggest (VC, VB, API, VBA). I
will
> use it in a OLE Server application so I could write an MFC application or
> VB OCX.

> What I need is to capture the screen shot in the clipboard and then print
> the image on the default printer with no user interaction.

> Thanks
> Luca ENEA-SPILIMBERGO
> TELCO S.r.l. - Automazioni Industriali
> Via Padergnone, 7A/7B - 24050 Grassobbio (BG) - ITALY
> Tel. +39-035-525098 - Fax +39-035-526111

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???
Hi Luca

Please refer to this Knowledgeable article which explains about how to
capture a screen.

HOWTO: Capture and Print the Screen, a Form, or any Window
Last reviewed: October 13, 1997
Article ID: Q161299
Standard, Professional, and Enterprise Editions of Microsoft Visual Basic
for Windows, version 5.0

I hope this solves your problem. If you need anymore information please get
back to me.

Regards,
-Vijay
---------------------------------
Vijay Kumar Reddy J

www.e-supportpoint.com

Quote:
> I'm looking for a way to capture and print the screen shot, just like I
can
> do pressing the PrintScreen key.

> There's no limit on the solution you will suggest (VC, VB, API, VBA). I
will
> use it in a OLE Server application so I could write an MFC application or
> VB OCX.

> What I need is to capture the screen shot in the clipboard and then print
> the image on the default printer with no user interaction.

> Thanks
> Luca ENEA-SPILIMBERGO
> TELCO S.r.l. - Automazioni Industriali
> Via Padergnone, 7A/7B - 24050 Grassobbio (BG) - ITALY
> Tel. +39-035-525098 - Fax +39-035-526111

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???
If it was me.

I would sendkey ALT+Print screen to capture window or no ALT for whole desk
top.
It is now in the clipboard already so just paste (in code)

into a picture box or form

vbCFBitmap      2       Bitmap (.bmp files)
vbCFMetafile    3       Metafile (.wmf files)
vbCFDIB 8       Device-independent bitmap (DIB)
vbCFPalette     9       Color palette

Or nothing in parenthesis for default

Picture1.Picture = Clipboard.GetData()  ' Copy from Clipboard to picture1

Picture = Clipboard.GetData()   ' Copy from Clipboard to Form

 and print it.

Bingo bango.

Cheers.
Dave.

Quote:
> I'm looking for a way to capture and print the screen shot, just like I
can
> do pressing the PrintScreen key.

> There's no limit on the solution you will suggest (VC, VB, API, VBA). I
will
> use it in a OLE Server application so I could write an MFC application or
> VB OCX.

> What I need is to capture the screen shot in the clipboard and then print
> the image on the default printer with no user interaction.

> Thanks
> Luca ENEA-SPILIMBERGO
> TELCO S.r.l. - Automazioni Industriali
> Via Padergnone, 7A/7B - 24050 Grassobbio (BG) - ITALY
> Tel. +39-035-525098 - Fax +39-035-526111

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???

Quote:
> I would sendkey ALT+Print screen to capture window or no ALT
> for whole desk top.
> It is now in the clipboard already so just paste (in code)

Dave, it is always a bad idea to use a "User Object" (like the
Clipboard) for programming purposes. What would you think if some text
you copied a little while ago has magically converted to a screen
shot? I'd be cursing the responsible developer to H*ll!
Unless of course you'd suggest to keep the previous content of the
clipboard in memory and put it back in there afterwards?!

Later...

     Geert Marttin

-----
"Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation."
Oscar Wilde

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???

Quote:

> > I would sendkey ALT+Print screen to capture window or no ALT
> > for whole desk top.
> > It is now in the clipboard already so just paste (in code)
> Dave, it is always a bad idea to use a "User Object" (like the
> Clipboard) for programming purposes. What would you think if some text
> you copied a little while ago has magically converted to a screen
> shot? I'd be cursing the responsible developer to H*ll!

Why is that.

If you press a button that says "To Clipboard" it is no different to
cutting, copying in any application.
If I rename it to Copy or Cut instead of To Clip will you be happy.

Quote:
> Unless of course you'd suggest to keep the previous content of the
> clipboard in memory and put it back in there afterwards?!

> Later...

>      Geert Marttin

> -----
> "Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation."
> Oscar Wilde

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???

Quote:

> > > I would sendkey ALT+Print screen to capture window or no ALT
> > > for whole desk top.
> > > It is now in the clipboard already so just paste (in code)
> > Dave, it is always a bad idea to use a "User Object" (like the
> > Clipboard) for programming purposes. What would you think if some text
> > you copied a little while ago has magically converted to a screen
> > shot? I'd be cursing the responsible developer to H*ll!

> Why is that.

> If you press a button that says "To Clipboard" it is no different to
> cutting, copying in any application.
> If I rename it to Copy or Cut instead of To Clip will you be happy.

If I was to take that as there is no copy or to clip button and you only
wish to use the clipboard then the answer is simple.

Store what is in the clip in a var, use clip for your own purposes and put
var back with what was originally there

Either way if you dont use the Clip in VB that's your prob but you wouldn't
know if I was in my apps.
Either you have a button to copy to clip or you put back what was there.

> > Unless of course you'd suggest to keep the previous content of the
> > clipboard in memory and put it back in there afterwards?!

> > Later...

> >      Geert Marttin

> > -----
> > "Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation."
> > Oscar Wilde

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???

Quote:
> Either you have a button to copy to clip or you put back
> what was there.

Well, if you put it that way I don't see any problem with it either.
But I Didn't see anyone mentioning "To Clipboard" buttons or restoring
the Clipboard before my post. Did I miss something?

Later...

     Geert Marttin

-----
"Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation."
Oscar Wilde

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???
Dave

Have you actually tried your solution? To quote Help on SendKeys:

"Sendkeys ... can't send the PRINT SCREEN key {PRTSC} to any application."

--
Regards
{*filter*}

Remove '!no!spam!' to reply by e-mail but reply to newsgroup as well.

Quote:
> If it was me.

> I would sendkey ALT+Print screen to capture window or no ALT for whole
desk
> top.
> It is now in the clipboard already so just paste (in code)

> into a picture box or form

> vbCFBitmap 2 Bitmap (.bmp files)
> vbCFMetafile 3 Metafile (.wmf files)
> vbCFDIB 8 Device-independent bitmap (DIB)
> vbCFPalette 9 Color palette

> Or nothing in parenthesis for default

> Picture1.Picture = Clipboard.GetData() ' Copy from Clipboard to picture1

> Picture = Clipboard.GetData() ' Copy from Clipboard to Form

>  and print it.

> Bingo bango.

> Cheers.
> Dave.

> > I'm looking for a way to capture and print the screen shot, just like I
> can
> > do pressing the PrintScreen key.

> > There's no limit on the solution you will suggest (VC, VB, API, VBA). I
> will
> > use it in a OLE Server application so I could write an MFC application
or
> > VB OCX.

> > What I need is to capture the screen shot in the clipboard and then
print
> > the image on the default printer with no user interaction.

newsgroup.

> > Thanks
> > Luca ENEA-SPILIMBERGO
> > TELCO S.r.l. - Automazioni Industriali
> > Via Padergnone, 7A/7B - 24050 Grassobbio (BG) - ITALY
> > Tel. +39-035-525098 - Fax +39-035-526111

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???
not the PrintScreen key in code
The clipboard use yes, often.
Seemed like a fair addition to get that far.
The keystroke seems to be the only shortfall and your solution to that is?

Quote:
> Dave

> Have you actually tried your solution? To quote Help on SendKeys:

> "Sendkeys ... can't send the PRINT SCREEN key {PRTSC} to any
application."

> --
> Regards
>{*filter*}

> Remove '!no!spam!' to reply by e-mail but reply to newsgroup as well.

> > If it was me.

> > I would sendkey ALT+Print screen to capture window or no ALT for whole
> desk
> > top.
> > It is now in the clipboard already so just paste (in code)

> > into a picture box or form

> > vbCFBitmap 2 Bitmap (.bmp files)
> > vbCFMetafile 3 Metafile (.wmf files)
> > vbCFDIB 8 Device-independent bitmap (DIB)
> > vbCFPalette 9 Color palette

> > Or nothing in parenthesis for default

> > Picture1.Picture = Clipboard.GetData() ' Copy from Clipboard to
picture1

> > Picture = Clipboard.GetData() ' Copy from Clipboard to Form

> >  and print it.

> > Bingo bango.

> > Cheers.
> > Dave.

> > > I'm looking for a way to capture and print the screen shot, just like
> > can
> > > do pressing the PrintScreen key.

> > > There's no limit on the solution you will suggest (VC, VB, API, VBA).
> > will
> > > use it in a OLE Server application so I could write an MFC
application
> or
> > > VB OCX.

> > > What I need is to capture the screen shot in the clipboard and then
> print
> > > the image on the default printer with no user interaction.

> newsgroup.

> > > Thanks
> > > Luca ENEA-SPILIMBERGO
> > > TELCO S.r.l. - Automazioni Industriali
> > > Via Padergnone, 7A/7B - 24050 Grassobbio (BG) - ITALY
> > > Tel. +39-035-525098 - Fax +39-035-526111

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???
Print Screen just needs an API.

Public Const KEYEVENTF_EXTENDEDKEY = &H1
Public Const KEYEVENTF_KEYUP = &H2

Declare Sub keybd_event Lib "user32" (ByVal bVk As Byte, ByVal bScan As
Byte, ByVal dwFlags As Long, ByVal dwExtraInfo As Long)

snapparam will give you window or whole screen 1 or 0.

Public Const VK_SNAPSHOT = &H2C
Public Const VK_MENU = &H12

 ''to print screen
keybd_event VK_SNAPSHOT, snapparam, 0, 0

 Picture1.Picture = Clipboard.GetData(vbCFBitmap)

''To do Alt key.
keybd_event VK_MENU, altscan, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0

There is some jiggling invloved.
Have a search around

Quote:
> not the PrintScreen key in code
> The clipboard use yes, often.
> Seemed like a fair addition to get that far.
> The keystroke seems to be the only shortfall and your solution to that
is?

> > Dave

> > Have you actually tried your solution? To quote Help on SendKeys:

> > "Sendkeys ... can't send the PRINT SCREEN key {PRTSC} to any
> application."

> > --
> > Regards
> >{*filter*}

> > Remove '!no!spam!' to reply by e-mail but reply to newsgroup as well.

> > > If it was me.

> > > I would sendkey ALT+Print screen to capture window or no ALT for
whole
> > desk
> > > top.
> > > It is now in the clipboard already so just paste (in code)

> > > into a picture box or form

> > > vbCFBitmap 2 Bitmap (.bmp files)
> > > vbCFMetafile 3 Metafile (.wmf files)
> > > vbCFDIB 8 Device-independent bitmap (DIB)
> > > vbCFPalette 9 Color palette

> > > Or nothing in parenthesis for default

> > > Picture1.Picture = Clipboard.GetData() ' Copy from Clipboard to
> picture1

> > > Picture = Clipboard.GetData() ' Copy from Clipboard to Form

> > >  and print it.

> > > Bingo bango.

> > > Cheers.
> > > Dave.

> > > can

VBA).
> > > will
> application
> > or

> > print

> > newsgroup.

Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???
Dave

See Vijay's earlier response:

HOWTO: Capture and Print the Screen, a Form, or any Window
Last reviewed: October 13, 1997
Article ID: Q161299

--
Regards
{*filter*}

Remove '!no!spam!' to reply by e-mail but reply to newsgroup as well.

Quote:
> not the PrintScreen key in code
> The clipboard use yes, often.
> Seemed like a fair addition to get that far.
> The keystroke seems to be the only shortfall and your solution to that is?

> > Dave

> > Have you actually tried your solution? To quote Help on SendKeys:

> > "Sendkeys ... can't send the PRINT SCREEN key {PRTSC} to any
> application."

> > --
> > Regards
> >{*filter*}

> > Remove '!no!spam!' to reply by e-mail but reply to newsgroup as well.

> > > If it was me.

> > > I would sendkey ALT+Print screen to capture window or no ALT for whole
> > desk
> > > top.
> > > It is now in the clipboard already so just paste (in code)

> > > into a picture box or form

> > > vbCFBitmap 2 Bitmap (.bmp files)
> > > vbCFMetafile 3 Metafile (.wmf files)
> > > vbCFDIB 8 Device-independent bitmap (DIB)
> > > vbCFPalette 9 Color palette

> > > Or nothing in parenthesis for default

> > > Picture1.Picture = Clipboard.GetData() ' Copy from Clipboard to
> picture1

> > > Picture = Clipboard.GetData() ' Copy from Clipboard to Form

> > >  and print it.

> > > Bingo bango.

> > > Cheers.
> > > Dave.

> > > can

VBA).
> > > will
> application
> > or

> > print

> > newsgroup.

Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???

Quote:
> not the PrintScreen key in code
> The clipboard use yes, often.
> Seemed like a fair addition to get that far.
> The keystroke seems to be the only shortfall and your solution to

that is?

Is it just me, or is this entirely indecipherable? (Apart from the last
line, which doesnt really help at all....)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???

Quote:
> Dave

> See Vijay's earlier response:

OK.

Quote:

> HOWTO: Capture and Print the Screen, a Form, or any Window
> Last reviewed: October 13, 1997
> Article ID: Q161299

> --
> Regards
>{*filter*}

> Remove '!no!spam!' to reply by e-mail but reply to newsgroup as well.

> > not the PrintScreen key in code
> > The clipboard use yes, often.
> > Seemed like a fair addition to get that far.
> > The keystroke seems to be the only shortfall and your solution to that
is?

> > > Dave

> > > Have you actually tried your solution? To quote Help on SendKeys:

> > > "Sendkeys ... can't send the PRINT SCREEN key {PRTSC} to any
> > application."

> > > --
> > > Regards
> > >{*filter*}

> > > Remove '!no!spam!' to reply by e-mail but reply to newsgroup as well.

> > > desk

> > picture1

> like

> VBA).
> > application
> > > or

> > > print

> > > newsgroup.

Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I capture the screen picture???

Quote:

> Is it just me, or is this entirely indecipherable? (Apart from the last
> line, which doesnt really help at all....)

It was to answer the question asked of me.

Quote:
> Have you actually tried your solution? To quote Help on SendKeys:

Of which I relied

Quote:
> > The clipboard use yes, often.
> > Seemed like a fair addition to get that far.
> > The keystroke seems to be the only shortfall and your solution to
> that is?

If thats OK with you *cough*

Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Saving picture from a picture box using screen capturing

2. How to copy a screen capture in a Picture object

3. How to capture part of screen into image/picture

4. Capturing the screen and displaying it in a picture box

5. How can I capture the screen picture???

6. How can I capture the screen picture???

7. How to Capture the Screen and capture and poke keypresses

8. Using StretchBlt to capture screen image to screen saver preview pane

9. Capturing screen contents of full screen DOS app under windows

10. Capturing screen contents of full screen DOS app under windows

11. Draw selection rectangle on screen for screen capture

12. Capture Screen in DirectX full screen application