help with textfile
Author Message
 help with textfile

How can I do this:
I open a textfile in a ListBox, when I select an item I can remove it from
the ListBox.
But I want it to be removed from the textfile also...How?

Thank you!

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 help with textfile
You have to rewrite the text file without the item.

Simon Jones
MillStream Designs Ltd
Independent IT Consultants

Quote:

>I open a textfile in a ListBox, when I select an item I can remove it from
>the ListBox.
>But I want it to be removed from the textfile also...How?

Sat, 08 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 help with textfile
Check out this site, it can help you in the future:
http://members.xoom.com/costaface/

Its very simple.
you just have to rewrite all the text file after it has been updated.

Example:
open "file.txt" for output as #1

for i = 0 to list1.listcount -1
    list1.listindex = i
    print #1, list1.text
next i

close #1

Check out this site, it can help you in the future:
http://members.xoom.com/costaface/

You have to rewrite the text file without the item.

Simon Jones
MillStream Designs Ltd
Independent IT Consultants

Quote:
>I open a textfile in a ListBox, when I select an item I can remove it from
>the ListBox.
>But I want it to be removed from the textfile also...How?

Thu, 13 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Help with TextFile.txt

2. Help Reading TextFile

3. Help with TextFile.txt

4. Need Help with TextFile.txt

5. help with textfile

6. Help with textfile

7. Help, I need routines to sort textfiles in a visual basic program

8. NEWBIE QUESTION:...How to edit a Textfile(datafile)?....HELP ME------------

9. ----------HELP ME PLEASE:...How to edit a Textfile(datafile)?......------------

10. Help: Need fileviewer for both UNIX and PC textfiles

11. Formated Textfile Output in ASP -- HELP!

12. TextFile Reports..Help?