Calling htmlHelp file on URL location..
Author Message
 Calling htmlHelp file on URL location..

I am using VB 6.0 Enterprise Edition.

  htmlHelpTopic  Me.hwnd, "MyHelp.chm"  , HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC, strTopic   API
function works perfectly fine when "MyHelp.chm" is on my hard drive. what if
this help file resides on an URL location, then can I refer to it as, for
instance, " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ; ?

I tried it and it did not work.  Any help will be highly appreciated.

Khodr

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling htmlHelp file on URL location..

Quote:
>I am using VB 6.0 Enterprise Edition.

>  htmlHelpTopic  Me.hwnd, "MyHelp.chm"  , HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC, strTopic   API
>function works perfectly fine when "MyHelp.chm" is on my hard drive. what
if
>this help file resides on an URL location, then can I refer to it as, for
>instance, "http://198.168.168.100/MyHelp.chm" ?

>I tried it and it did not work.  Any help will be highly appreciated.

I think you'd be looking at providing a certain amount of base help locally
anyway. You can link away by using meta http tags in the HTML for the topic
to pull, I suppose, but part of any help system is to provide emergency help
to users. What if getting on line is part of the problem in the first place?

Richard

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling htmlHelp file on URL location..
Hi Try this code replacing the http address with the address pointing to
your file:

Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" _
      Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation _
      As String, ByVal lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, _
      ByVal lpDirectory As String, ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

    'on a click this will launch the default email app.

vbNullString, _
                        vbNullString, vbNormalFocus)

    'on a click this will launch the default broswer
Call ShellExecute(0&, vbNullString, "http://www.AgendumSoftware.com",

--
Sincerely,

Todd B -  Agendum Software
** FREE Developer tools for download!  NEW release -  AG Fastform layout
tool just released!
http://www.AgendumSoftware.com

Quote:
>I am using VB 6.0 Enterprise Edition.

>  htmlHelpTopic  Me.hwnd, "MyHelp.chm"  , HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC, strTopic   API
>function works perfectly fine when "MyHelp.chm" is on my hard drive. what
if
>this help file resides on an URL location, then can I refer to it as, for
>instance, "http://198.168.168.100/MyHelp.chm" ?

>I tried it and it did not work.  Any help will be highly appreciated.

>Khodr

Sun, 05 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling htmlHelp file on URL location..

2. Determine if URL is file or location

3. Displaying HtmlHelp Topic BY NAME using HtmlHelp API

4. Displaying HtmlHelp Topic BY NAME using HtmlHelp API

5. HTMLHelp Calls

6. Calling html help using HTMLHelp() problem

7. Copying files from different locations to different locations

8. Folder Homepage URL storeage location

9. IE Bar Quick Question: Window URL Location

10. Open URL location with default browser from VB3?

11. IE Bar Quick Question: Window URL Location

12. Read HTML page from a URL location in VB