Visual Basic NET Any one try it yet?
Author Message
 Visual Basic NET Any one try it yet?

HI,

                   if anyone has any comments onthis new Visual Basic
NET I am sure others would like to hear too.

    Do all your regular programs work still or do you need to edit
your code.

    Any down falls of it or is it worth doing???

Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:10:53 GMT
 Visual Basic NET Any one try it yet?

Quote:

>                    if anyone has any comments onthis new Visual Basic
> NET I am sure others would like to hear too.

Start here:  URL:http://mvps.org/vb/rants/vfred.htm

Quote:
>     Do all your regular programs work still or do you need to edit
> your code.

It is /completely/ different.  It is "Basic" as butchered by Java bigots.

Quote:
>     Any down falls of it or is it worth doing???

Plenty, and no, but Microsoft likely won't give you much choice, if you
really want to continue to bet the farm on Microsoft platforms.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  "Regged" again? <http://www.xenu.net/>

Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:19:08 GMT
 Visual Basic NET Any one try it yet?
You've been hiding?

Quote:
>     Do all your regular programs work still or do you need to edit
> your code.

Oh.... I see you *have* been hiding ;-) There are several DotNet groups that
can expand on the changes but basically, there are a whole bunch of changes.
Some good, some.. not so good.

Quote:
>     Any down falls of it or is it worth doing???

Not much choice.. VB6 officially "dies" as far as Microsoft is concerned, in
a few days. RIP?<g> Actually though, there are still people writting VB3
code so VB5/6 will be around for quite some time..

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:
> HI,

>                    if anyone has any comments onthis new Visual Basic
> NET I am sure others would like to hear too.

>     Do all your regular programs work still or do you need to edit
> your code.

>     Any down falls of it or is it worth doing???

Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:09:24 GMT
 Visual Basic NET Any one try it yet?

  So we are all be forced to change basically. I am just starting to
get some what of a handle on this VB6 not its dead???

   Oh great.......

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:09:24 -0800, "Ken Halter"

Quote:

>You've been hiding?

>>     Do all your regular programs work still or do you need to edit
>> your code.

>Oh.... I see you *have* been hiding ;-) There are several DotNet groups that
>can expand on the changes but basically, there are a whole bunch of changes.
>Some good, some.. not so good.

>>     Any down falls of it or is it worth doing???

>Not much choice.. VB6 officially "dies" as far as Microsoft is concerned, in
>a few days. RIP?<g> Actually though, there are still people writting VB3
>code so VB5/6 will be around for quite some time..

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:57:23 GMT
 Visual Basic NET Any one try it yet?

Quote:

>   So we are all be forced to change basically. I am just starting to
> get some what of a handle on this VB6 not its dead???

>    Oh great.......

All your code-base are belong to us.

Lower your productivity and surrender your deadlines.  You will be
assimilated.  Your language will adapt to service us.  Resistance
is futile.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>     Greed = God? <http://www.xenu.net/>

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:13:01 GMT
 Visual Basic NET Any one try it yet?
Well... maybe dead is too strong of a word..  but since... in 12 days, 1
hour, 31 minutes and 4 seconds<g> Visual Studio Dot Net should be ready for
release, VB6 will be "out to pasture" as far as MS is concerned..

Count down timer for DotNet release...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:

>   So we are all be forced to change basically. I am just starting to
> get some what of a handle on this VB6 not its dead???

>    Oh great.......

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:09:24 -0800, "Ken Halter"

> >You've been hiding?

> >>     Do all your regular programs work still or do you need to edit
> >> your code.

> >Oh.... I see you *have* been hiding ;-) There are several DotNet groups
that
> >can expand on the changes but basically, there are a whole bunch of
changes.
> >Some good, some.. not so good.

> >>     Any down falls of it or is it worth doing???

> >Not much choice.. VB6 officially "dies" as far as Microsoft is concerned,
in
> >a few days. RIP?<g> Actually though, there are still people writting VB3
> >code so VB5/6 will be around for quite some time..

Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:30:27 GMT
 Visual Basic NET Any one try it yet?

Quote:

> Well... maybe dead is too strong of a word..  but since... in 12 days, 1
> hour, 31 minutes and 4 seconds<g> Visual Studio Dot Net should be ready for
> release, VB6 will be "out to pasture" as far as MS is concerned..

> Count down timer for DotNet release...
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/

We need a count down timer for TEOVBAWKI...

 URL:http://microsoft.com/partner/licensing/openlicensing/USERPCPL01012002...

 URL:http://microsoft.com/partner/licensing/openlicensing/USERPCPL01012002...

(See rows 238 through 270)

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>     Greed = God? <http://www.xenu.net/>

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:39:20 GMT

1. Dot Net on Not Yet in one month

2. Visual Studio.NET vs Visual Basic.NET

3. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both

4. Difference between Visual Basic 6 and Visual Basic.Net

5. Preparing Your Visual Basic 6.0 Applications for the Upgrade to Visual Basic.NET

6. Visual Basic .NET and ADO.NET code - Disconnected Updating Help

7. Visual Basic.NET , ASP or ASP.NET

8. Upgrade from Visual Basic 6 webclasses to VB.NET/ASP.NET

9. Write JScript .NET or Visual Basic .NET code directly inside IE

10. Visual Studio .NET freezes when trying to run an application

11. Visual Studio .Net causing Visual Basic 6 problem?

12. Basic (No Pun Intended) Visual Basic.Net Questions