Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime
Author Message
 Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime

I posted a question a while ago...'How do I display a special cursor for the
entire application, until I reset it.'

I got many replies, telling me to use Screen.MousePointer instead of
Me.mousepointer.

The problem is, while it works in design time (VB5), when I build the
program into an exe, the mouse cursors for every object stay the same.

For example, I have a split view in my application. The split Bar has a
custom mousepointer. When the mouse moves over it, it is supposed to display
the sizer cursor (or whatever its called). When I'm in VB5 and run the
program, this (expected) behavior works just fine, but when I build the
program into an EXE, it no longer works!

The way I use the Screen.MousePointer is like this....
Form1
----------

    Sub Somthing()
            Screen.MousePointer= vbHourglass
            DoABigProcedure()
            Screen.MousePointer= vbArrow
    End Sub

Form 2
-----------
    Sub SomthingElse()
            Screen.MousePointer= vbHourglass
            DoABigProcedure2()
            Screen.MousePointer= vbArrow
    End Sub

Any suggestions.

Plese Reply By Mail If possible!
=========================
Ryan Gallagher

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime

Try this--

Quote:
>Form1
>----------

>    Sub Somthing()
>            Screen.MousePointer= vbHourglass

me.refresh

Quote:
>            DoABigProcedure()
>            Screen.MousePointer= vbArrow
>    End Sub

>Form 2
>-----------
>    Sub SomthingElse()
>            Screen.MousePointer= vbHourglass

me.refresh

Quote:
>            DoABigProcedure2()
>            Screen.MousePointer= vbArrow
>    End Sub

Jim

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime

Quote:
>For example, I have a split view in my application. The split Bar has a
>custom mousepointer. When the mouse moves over it, it is supposed to
display
>the sizer cursor (or whatever its called). When I'm in VB5 and run the
>program, this (expected) behavior works just fine, but when I build the
>program into an EXE, it no longer works!

Instead of using

Quote:
>            Screen.MousePointer= vbArrow

try

            Screen.MousePointer= vbDefault

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime

2. Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass Doesn't work at Runtime

3. Change Mousepointer doesn't work

4. Mousepointer -> vbHourglass

5. Calendar doesn't work in runtime

6. Converted macro doesn't work in runtime.

7. BMP to SCREEN 12: Doesn't Work!

8. try/catch a runtime error doesn't work

9. Launching the screen saver help (why doesn't this work)

10. Showtips property doesn't seem to work during runtime

11. Calendar doesn't work in runtime

12. Converted macro doesn't work in runtime.