VB6 WebClass Problem
Author Message
 VB6 WebClass Problem

Hello Group,

I implemented a Web App using VB6 WebClass unfortunately I am now having some
problems.  I did not have much problem deploying to my Server and connecting
through the internet or LAN but after a day or so I get the following error.

HomeOpt error '800a9c68' Application-defined or object-defined error
/HomeOpt.asp, line 13

I looked up the error in technet and it says that the Virtual Directory is not
properly set up or I am missing a Component.  EIther would be fine and fixable
however it works for an indeterminant amount of time and then fails.  My login
screen comes up fine so I know the web class is getting created, but it fails
upon logging in which I think may have to do with the first try of creating an
ADO object.  I have never experienced this problem on my dev server where I am
running PWS on 98 not IIS on NT.  The Production Server is Running Win NT
Server 4.0 with SP 6.   Any thoughts on what this intermittent behavior might
be?  As a test of the DB (SQL Server 7.0 ) I hit the Production DB through the
LAN (while this problem was occuring) from my development server so I verified
that the DB was not causing the problem.  I really do feel it is the call to
ADO over time, has anyone ever seen or heard of this before?  Thanks for your
help.

Tony Castagno

Sun, 09 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 WebClass Problem
Hi,

I normally do this to debug webclasses. Install VB on the production
server and copy over your code. UNREGISTER the existing app DLL and
then compile your code. Try the website now, if it fails the VB
de{*filter*} will tell you whats wrong. It's the quickest way I've found.

Just remember to delete your code afterwoods :)

Craig

Quote:
>Hello Group,

>I implemented a Web App using VB6 WebClass unfortunately I am now having some
>problems.  I did not have much problem deploying to my Server and connecting
>through the internet or LAN but after a day or so I get the following error.

>HomeOpt error '800a9c68' Application-defined or object-defined error
>/HomeOpt.asp, line 13

>I looked up the error in technet and it says that the Virtual Directory is not
>properly set up or I am missing a Component.  EIther would be fine and fixable
>however it works for an indeterminant amount of time and then fails.  My login
>screen comes up fine so I know the web class is getting created, but it fails
>upon logging in which I think may have to do with the first try of creating an
>ADO object.  I have never experienced this problem on my dev server where I am
>running PWS on 98 not IIS on NT.  The Production Server is Running Win NT
>Server 4.0 with SP 6.   Any thoughts on what this intermittent behavior might
>be?  As a test of the DB (SQL Server 7.0 ) I hit the Production DB through the
>LAN (while this problem was occuring) from my development server so I verified
>that the DB was not causing the problem.  I really do feel it is the call to
>ADO over time, has anyone ever seen or heard of this before?  Thanks for your
>help.

>Tony Castagno

Mon, 10 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help! WebClass/ADO in VB6 Problem

2. WebClass/ADO in VB6 Problem

3. Problem with ADO database access from VB6 - WebClass/IIS 5.0

4. VB6 Webclass

5. VB6 - Win2000 - Webclass

6. VB6 webclass and Site Server Commerce Edition

7. VB6 WebClass Development

8. VB6 WebClass

9. VB6 Webclass bug

10. My VB6 webclass applications won't work on a IIS 4.0

11. vb6-SQL value gets truncated in HTML text box via webclass response.write

12. Webclass problem loading .htm in IFRAME