Data source classes
Author Message
 Data source classes

I always wanted to wrap my rdo access in a separate class, and in VB6
this is relatively simple.  In fact, the class wizard has an entry for
"data source" classes.  Only problem is, it just gives you a dozen
lines of comments, and you're left to your own devices on the rest.

How many people out there have pursued this worthwhile idea?  Any
words of wisdom from your experiences?

(I'm at the stage in a new project where I have to decide whether to
do this, and if so in just what way).

Joshua Stern

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Data source classes
Works great for me! Just pay attention to the GetDataMember Sub in you class
(you will asign your recordset(s) there), everything else is trivial. I
think there are a few topics in Help explaining these techniques (creating
data sources). We are finally able to get rid of Data or Adodc controls
(famous performance killers) and work comfortably with DataGrids and other
more complex controls.

Denis

Only problem is, it just gives you a dozen

Quote:
>lines of comments, and you're left to your own devices on the rest.

>How many people out there have pursued this worthwhile idea?  Any
>words of wisdom from your experiences?

Sat, 04 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Source Class to access Data Environment

2. Data Source Class

3. Bind Grid to Data Source Class

4. Data Source Class

5. data source class in ActiveX DLL vs EXE -- URGENT

6. Data Source Class & BindingCollection

7. Data Source Class

8. Can a data source class update a bound control?

9. How do I create a data source class that uses ADO to access SQL Server and populate a bound grid

10. How to? use DAO data source class and bind to a textbox

11. Creating a control class that can be a data binding data source

12. Data updating class source codes...