Error In Loading DLL
Author Message
 Error In Loading DLL

   I am getting Error In Loading DLL Error on this occasionally... X has
referenced an exposed collection from an MTS object.  The MTS object Sched
has already been created without a hitch

    Set X = Sched.GetSchedules(cboClients.ItemData(cboClients.ListIndex))
    For Each SchedItem In X  'The error occures here sometimes

Anyone know what can cause this.  GetSchedules is just a function that
returns a collection object from MTS.  X is a collection object type.

Thanks,

Kip

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:14:31 GMT
 Error In Loading DLL
The collection object is not a good candidate to be marshaled through MTS /
COM+.
This is because the enumerator _NewEnum is a tricky property that the COM+
proxy just cannot pass very well.

I had the same problem myself until I decided to include the typelibrary
inside the DLL completely instead of external.
However, I was not using the collection object but a variantdictionary
object. It had the same enumerator (for ..each) support problems.

try to run the object in-process.

--
Egbert Nierop

Session management for webfarms:

>    I am getting Error In Loading DLL Error on this occasionally... X has
> referenced an exposed collection from an MTS object.  The MTS object Sched
> has already been created without a hitch

>     Set X = Sched.GetSchedules(cboClients.ItemData(cboClients.ListIndex))
>     For Each SchedItem In X  'The error occures here sometimes

> Anyone know what can cause this.  GetSchedules is just a function that
> returns a collection object from MTS.  X is a collection object type.

> Thanks,

> Kip

Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:38:17 GMT
 Error In Loading DLL
I have to run it out of process because it has to gather information from
the server.....
I am actually returning a collection object from a function
(GetCollection).. I am not using a NewEnum procedure that returns IUnknown
and the procedure ID is (but it isn't) set to -4.

That is very limited.  I thought MTS was supposed to handle this type of
business object senario.. How then else would you return a whole bunch of
data without using a collection (parent/children)..

Does this mean you would have to return a recordset? Which is what I believe
in the documentation to be used as a last resort..

Did you get the same errors as me?.. Mine works sometimes though.

I wonder if a For i = 1 to x.count would be better??

Quote:
> The collection object is not a good candidate to be marshaled through MTS
/
> COM+.
> This is because the enumerator _NewEnum is a tricky property that the COM+
> proxy just cannot pass very well.

> I had the same problem myself until I decided to include the typelibrary
> inside the DLL completely instead of external.
> However, I was not using the collection object but a variantdictionary
> object. It had the same enumerator (for ..each) support problems.

> try to run the object in-process.

> --
> Egbert Nierop

> Session management for webfarms:
> http://www.nieropwebconsult.nl/asp_session_manager.htm

> >    I am getting Error In Loading DLL Error on this occasionally... X has
> > referenced an exposed collection from an MTS object.  The MTS object
Sched
> > has already been created without a hitch

> >     Set X =

Sched.GetSchedules(cboClients.ItemData(cboClients.ListIndex))

> >     For Each SchedItem In X  'The error occures here sometimes

> > Anyone know what can cause this.  GetSchedules is just a function that
> > returns a collection object from MTS.  X is a collection object type.

> > Thanks,

> > Kip

Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:40:40 GMT

1. "Error in Loading DLL" conflicting DLLs

2. Acc97 creating MDE receive Error In Loading DLL error

3. Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP

4. Error in loading DLL (Error 48)

5. Error message : "Error in loading DLL"

6. Error 48: Error in Loading DLL

7. Error 48: Error in loading Dll.

8. Error in loading DLL (Error 48)

9. Runtime Error 48 - Error in Loading DLL

10. VB6 - Compile error: error in loading dll

11. Error 48, Error in Loading DLL

12. error in loading dll