How to add an icon in the menubar "Add-ins" of vb60 before the text of my add-in ???
Author Message
 How to add an icon in the menubar "Add-ins" of vb60 before the text of my add-in ???

Hi,

Can somebody tell me how i can add an icon before the text
of my add-in in the menubar "Add-ins" of VB60 ?

I used the procedure : AddToAddInCommandBar("&My new Add-in") to
set the text in the Add-in menu.

Many thanks,
Karel Geraerts

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to add an icon in the menubar "Add-ins" of vb60 before the text of my add-in ???
Karel...

Quote:
> Can somebody tell me how i can add an icon before the text
> of my add-in in the menubar "Add-ins" of VB60 ?

> I used the procedure : AddToAddInCommandBar("&My new Add-in") to
> set the text in the Add-in menu.

It must be a bitmap, not an icon. To put it next to your add-in's menu item,
you have to copy the bitmap to the clipboard, then call the PasteFace method
of your Office.CommandBarButton object. You should do this in the
AddToAddInCommandBar subroutine.

--
Ben Baird, MVP
Visual Basic Thunder

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to add an icon in the menubar "Add-ins" of vb60 before the text of my add-in ???
But be forewarned .. copying to the clipboard just to paste an icon will
royally p*** off some people who have copied code there prior to starting
VB, most notably myself. Were I faced with this choice, I'd opt for no menu
image.

--

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

| Karel...
|
| > Can somebody tell me how i can add an icon before the text
| > of my add-in in the menubar "Add-ins" of VB60 ?
| >
| > I used the procedure : AddToAddInCommandBar("&My new Add-in") to
| > set the text in the Add-in menu.
| >
| It must be a bitmap, not an icon. To put it next to your add-in's menu
item,
| you have to copy the bitmap to the clipboard, then call the PasteFace
method
| of your Office.CommandBarButton object. You should do this in the
| AddToAddInCommandBar subroutine.
|
| --
| Ben Baird, MVP
| Visual Basic Thunder
| http://www.vbthunder.com
| Please keep your programming questions on the newsgroups.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to add an icon in the menubar "Add-ins" of vb60 before the text of my add-in ???
    Yes, but you could copy the clipboard, then to the bitmap stuff, then
copy the clipboard back...easy too.

Master Programmer

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to add an icon in the menubar "Add-ins" of vb60 before the text of my add-in ???

Right ... but most, including MS with their addins, don't.

--

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

|     Yes, but you could copy the clipboard, then to the bitmap stuff, then
| copy the clipboard back...easy too.
|
| Master Programmer

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Exporting as "Text" Adds Space

2. Adding "Help Text" to Dictionnary

3. Add-ins vs. ".dot

4. How to add Icon/Pics to menubar

5. How to check for "add record"

6. Adding MailItems to "Sent Items" folder

7. Add "highlight".

8. Adding "Paste as Quotation" menu item

9. Disable "Add button" from toolbar

10. Error 462 "Documents.Add"

11. Add Functions to "Save"-Method

12. How to add the "webbrowser" component