Text file records comparaison against a Master text file
Author Message
 Text file records comparaison against a Master text file

Hi,

Can anyone direct me to the right place where I can find information or
code samples to help me achieve the following tasks. I am new into Database
developing using VB.

I have a master text file (comma delimited records) of all the records that
need to be imported into an SQL Server 6.5 database. I receive everyday a
text file containing a subset number of records from this Master text file
that  I need to import into this live database.
My aim is to :
1. Import the Master database into an Access DB table
2. Compare each text file I receive daily against the Master Access DB and
triger any record imported  "Y/N".
3. Trace any record in any text file that by mistake appears another time
whereas it was already imported and trigered.

The idea is to make sure I am tracking all records imported against the
Master file to make sure nothing is missing.
I appreciate very much your help.

Ed

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Text file records comparaison against a Master text file

2. compare text file against db records

3. Save all inbox messages to a text file (or text files) with VBA

4. Reading from a text file and writing toa text file from Vis Bas 6.0

5. Write contents of listbox to text file/populate listbox from text file

6. Text file saves in Master Document

7. DAO Blob Adding/Extracting (audio files, text files, image files, program files)

8. BuiltInDocumentProperties from non-Word text files + testing if a DOC file is a Word file

9. SAving a MS Word file to a PDF file and a text file

10. create text file with header record

11. Output query to text file with 3lines per record

12. importing text file into multiple records in table?