VS6 Setup Problems
Author Message
 VS6 Setup Problems

Folks,

I am attempting to install VS 6.0 Enterprise, and am getting the
following error at the very end of the setup process:

Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Setup was not completed successfully

After some experimentation, I have been able to install every product
on the CD except for VB, which is really what I need.   The computer is
brand new, and has only had NT Option Pack 4.0 installed.   Here is the
current setup:

Dell Inspiron 7000
PII 400
386 MB RAM
14 GB HD
NT Workstation 4.0
Service Pack 4
NT 4.0 Option Pack

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Randy

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VS6 SP5 setup missing ?

2. VS6: MSDN Setup Error

3. VS6 Install fails: Setup was unable to create a DCOM user account

4. VS6: MSDN Setup Error

5. VS6 SP5: Problem when screen size changes while VB prog runs

6. PROBLEM with VS6 and NET

7. Multi-application Setup: ICON problem - setup.lst (0/1)

8. SetUp Wizard problem, Jim Mueller's problem

9. ODE97 vs VS6.0 - Comctl32.ocx dilemma

10. Survey on ASP/VS6.0 versus ASP.NET/VS.NET

11. Install VS6 alongside VS.NET

12. Share classes between .NET and VS6.0