Best Third-Party Products?
Author Message
 Best Third-Party Products?

What are the best third-party products available for Visual Basic 6?  Price
is not a major concern.  Our primary interest in in finding the best tools
to help us build enterprise solutions in-house.  I know of Sheridan's
Developer's Suite and True DBSuite 6 (is there a lot of overlap between the
two of them or would it be a good idea to get both).  Note that we do a lot
of SQL 6.5/7 and Access work.  We are also looking into building n-tier
solutions, web-based solutions, office integrated solutions and OLAP
solutions.

Thanks,
Denis

Fri, 09 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Best Third-Party Products?
one product I would not even try to get along without, is ActiveReport.  It
replaces the DataReport (which I hate) and gives you all the functionality
of an Access report (which I love) without having to automate Access (which
I hate.)  It plugs into VB as a Designer.  Can't say enough good about it.

Kirk Graves
MCSD, MCT

Quote:
> What are the best third-party products available for Visual Basic 6?
Price
> is not a major concern.  Our primary interest in in finding the best tools
> to help us build enterprise solutions in-house.  I know of Sheridan's
> Developer's Suite and True DBSuite 6 (is there a lot of overlap between
the
> two of them or would it be a good idea to get both).  Note that we do a
lot
> of SQL 6.5/7 and Access work.  We are also looking into building n-tier
> solutions, web-based solutions, office integrated solutions and OLAP
> solutions.

> Thanks,
> Denis

Fri, 09 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Best Third-Party Products?
FarPoint has an excellent reputation for their controls, especially Spread
3.0 which is the best grid control on the market barnone.
As for the rest, Sheridan is okay but I would avoid GreenTree like the
plague.

Quote:
> one product I would not even try to get along without, is ActiveReport.
It
> replaces the DataReport (which I hate) and gives you all the functionality
> of an Access report (which I love) without having to automate Access
(which
> I hate.)  It plugs into VB as a Designer.  Can't say enough good about it.

> Kirk Graves
> MCSD, MCT

> > What are the best third-party products available for Visual Basic 6?
> Price
> > is not a major concern.  Our primary interest in in finding the best
tools
> > to help us build enterprise solutions in-house.  I know of Sheridan's
> > Developer's Suite and True DBSuite 6 (is there a lot of overlap between
> the
> > two of them or would it be a good idea to get both).  Note that we do a
> lot
> > of SQL 6.5/7 and Access work.  We are also looking into building n-tier
> > solutions, web-based solutions, office integrated solutions and OLAP
> > solutions.

> > Thanks,
> > Denis

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Best Third-Party Products?

If you put them to the test, you will find problems with all of them. I've had problems with Apex, Sheridan, Videosoft -- you name it. For this reason, you will find many people writing their own (myself included).

I would agree with Mitch, who suggested to avoid GreenTree.

Monte Hansen
VB Yuk Yuk
http://KillerVb.com

  What are the best third-party products available for Visual Basic 6?  Price
  is not a major concern.  Our primary interest in in finding the best tools
  to help us build enterprise solutions in-house.  I know of Sheridan's
  Developer's Suite and True DBSuite 6 (is there a lot of overlap between the
  two of them or would it be a good idea to get both).  Note that we do a lot
  of SQL 6.5/7 and Access work.  We are also looking into building n-tier
  solutions, web-based solutions, office integrated solutions and OLAP
  solutions.

  Thanks,
  Denis

Sat, 10 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Third party setup products

2. Need help finding third party products

3. Need help finding third party products

4. Need help finding third party products

5. Need help finding third party products

6. Best third party database engine

7. Suggestion for good third party demoing software

8. Good Third Party Add-on VBXs

9. Need Better Approach or Third Party Control for Drag/Drop

10. Good compression routine (or 3rd-party product)

11. Are there third party Command Button

12. Third Party Download Managers