Visual Basic 5 Dependencies (without Setup Wizard)
Author Message
 Visual Basic 5 Dependencies (without Setup Wizard)

I am using Wise to distribute an application created with VB 5.0 Pro.  I'
ve looked through the documentation of VB and Wise and have not received a
definitive answer for my question.  Perhaps we can figure out a definitive
answer for this question and save people in the future grief as well as
save me a great deal of trial-and-error.

Basically, I'm trying to decide which files need to be distributed with my
application.  This is *without the Setup Wizard*, so ignore the various
files the MS Setup Wizard needs.

First, MSVBVM50.DLL.  This obviously is required for a VB program to run.
However, does this DLL have any dependencies of its own?  If I choose to
make people download the runtime library separately, do I need to also make
sure they have any other files (such as the VC++ libraries?)

Okay, aside from MSVBVM50--I am using a couple of the standard OLE controls
(common dialog, sheridan tab, etc.) but no data access and no controls not
shipped in the box with VB 5 Pro.  Besides my .EXE and .OCX files (and the
runtime discussed above), do I need to install anything else?  Do the .OCX
files shipped with VB 5 have any dependencies (MSVCRT?  MFC40?)

So, to recount my question: Can I ship my Wise-installed program with just
the following files:

 APP.EXE
STANDARD_OLE_CONTROL1.OCX
STANDARD_OLE_CONTROL2.OCX

and then the VB Runtime zipped up all itself for separate download?

Does the minimal Windows 95/NT 4 installation contain all of the other
files my program will depend on?  If not, what other files must I include?

Thanks for any experiences, help, or insight.  If it's just as easy, feel
free to e-mail as well as post.  If not, I'll be happy to read your
response here!

Jensen

Fri, 08 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual basic 5 Setup Wizard

2. Visual basic 5 Setup Wizard

3. help for visual basic 5 wizard setup

4. Visual Basic Application Setup Wizard...

5. Visual Basic 5.0 Setup Wizard Question

6. setup wizard - Visual Basic 5.0

7. Visual Basic Setup Wizard

8. Visual Basic Application Setup Wizard

9. Missing files in Visual Basic 3.0 Application Setup Wizard

10. Visual Basic Setup Wizard

11. VISUAL Basic setup wizard

12. problem with Visual Basic 4.0 setup wizard