Nightly build
Author Message
 Nightly build

I am looking for code that would allow me to build all of my projects
nightly and generate build numbers for each project.  The source code is
stored in Visual SourceSafe.

I have surfed the web, but can not locate any batch code, etc. that would
allow me to get latest code from SourceSafe, increase the build number, and
build each project file.

Any ideas where I can find such code?

Don Orrell

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Nightly build
This has been an issue that I have run across before.. What I had to do was
write a VB Addin with a generous amount of timers and do it that way.. It
was a pain in the butt, but it worked.

I ran into a couple of issues.. I had to make sure that VB was running
durnign the process.. I wrote another app that launched VB a certain number
of minutes before the batch was scheduled. The reason I did not use
something like AT or anything was because the customer stuck me on a 95
box.. I also found problems hooking into the message boxes that the Setup
wizard threw up.. I'm not sure of how to do this for VB6, but VB5 was not
*too* difficult.

Anyhow, I hope this idea helps you..

Bill Priess

Quote:
> I am looking for code that would allow me to build all of my projects
> nightly and generate build numbers for each project.  The source code is
> stored in Visual SourceSafe.

> I have surfed the web, but can not locate any batch code, etc. that would
> allow me to get latest code from SourceSafe, increase the build number,
and
> build each project file.

> Any ideas where I can find such code?

> Don Orrell

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Call a procedure using a variable (for nightly jobs)

2. Nightly process using System Agent?

3. Running a Nightly Process?

4. Schedule Nightly task...

5. ANN: Automate Your Software Builds with Visual Build 2.0

6. What is the difference between build solution and build application

7. building event handlers in a dynamic mainmenu built from an external class

8. How to make build autoincrement version or build number

9. Automate Your Software Builds with Visual Build 2.0

10. Building a variable by building a String??

11. How to Build an Array from check boxes, to build product list

12. ANN: Automate your software builds with Visual Build and VSMake