Using Excel object without installing Excel?
Author Message
 Using Excel object without installing Excel?

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to use the Excel object without installing
Excel.

Basically, the sample code below works fine on my PC:

Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
Dim xlBook As Excel.Workbook
Dim xlSheet As Excel.Worksheet

Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add
Set xlSheet = xlBook.Worksheets(1)

But when I try running it on another PC, the error message "ActiveX
component can't create object" appears at the line above containing
CreateObject.  I though I could just copy the MS Excel Object Library file
Excel9.olb to the other PC and everything would work.  But I was wrong.

My objective is to write VB code to create an Excel file.

I did try other things.  An alternative is to write code to create a
tab-delimited text file and save it with xls extenstion.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Bob

Mon, 04 Aug 2003 05:16:51 GMT
 Using Excel object without installing Excel?
I forgot to mention that my PC has Excel installed.  The other PC does not
have Excel installed.

Bob

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am wondering if it is possible to use the Excel object without
installing
> Excel.

> Basically, the sample code below works fine on my PC:

> Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
> Dim xlBook As Excel.Workbook
> Dim xlSheet As Excel.Worksheet

> Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
> Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add
> Set xlSheet = xlBook.Worksheets(1)

> But when I try running it on another PC, the error message "ActiveX
> component can't create object" appears at the line above containing
> CreateObject.  I though I could just copy the MS Excel Object Library file
> Excel9.olb to the other PC and everything would work.  But I was wrong.

> My objective is to write VB code to create an Excel file.

> I did try other things.  An alternative is to write code to create a
> tab-delimited text file and save it with xls extenstion.

> Can anyone help?

> Thanks, Bob

Mon, 04 Aug 2003 06:50:16 GMT
 Using Excel object without installing Excel?
No, Excel must be installed on the end-user's machine

Quote:
> I forgot to mention that my PC has Excel installed.  The other PC does not
> have Excel installed.

> Bob

> > Hi,

> > I am wondering if it is possible to use the Excel object without
> installing
> > Excel.

> > Basically, the sample code below works fine on my PC:

> > Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
> > Dim xlBook As Excel.Workbook
> > Dim xlSheet As Excel.Worksheet

> > Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
> > Set xlBook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add
> > Set xlSheet = xlBook.Worksheets(1)

> > But when I try running it on another PC, the error message "ActiveX
> > component can't create object" appears at the line above containing
> > CreateObject.  I though I could just copy the MS Excel Object Library
file
> > Excel9.olb to the other PC and everything would work.  But I was wrong.

> > My objective is to write VB code to create an Excel file.

> > I did try other things.  An alternative is to write code to create a
> > tab-delimited text file and save it with xls extenstion.

> > Can anyone help?

> > Thanks, Bob

Mon, 04 Aug 2003 06:58:36 GMT
 Using Excel object without installing Excel?

Quote:

>I am wondering if it is possible to use the Excel object without installing
>Excel.

Nope.

Mon, 04 Aug 2003 06:00:27 GMT

1. Using an Excel file without having Microsoft Excel installed

2. create EXCEL with VB without EXCEL installed

3. Saving an Excel file without using Excel

4. Saving an Excel file without using Excel

5. OLE: Excel worksheet without using Excel

6. How can I open Excel workbook without using Excel.Worksheet

7. Running VBA code in EXcel from VB6 using EXcel Objects

8. Detecting EOF for Excel file using Excel Application Object

9. Accessing an Excel file without opening Excel

10. Reading Excel files without opening excel

11. Write a Excel File Without Excel App

12. Is this doable: drive Excel in VB without Excel installation