Active Data db V.S. DataWarehouse db
Author Message
 Active Data db V.S. DataWarehouse db

I need to design a methodology maintaining only the current data (i.e.. for
the last six months) in the active database, while maintaining a
datawarehouse  to store all data (from now back to the beginning of time)
for reports that require historical data.

I'm sure there are many way to do this.  I believe the answer will not be
exclusively a SQL answer or exclusively a VB answer.  It will be a complete
design using front end and back end integration.

QUESTION:   Can you recommend some source information KB, journals, web
sites, books etc... regarding this topic?

Thanks!

--
George Padvorac

nwis.net, Inc

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Active Data db V.S. DataWarehouse db

Microsoft's Seminar On-line site.
http://www.microsoft.com/seminar/
or
http://www.eu.microsoft.com/seminar/
if you are in Europe.

Regards,
Simon Jones
PC Pro Magazine

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Active Data db V.S. DataWarehouse db (SQL & VB)

2. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

3. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

4. Active Data vs DB Connection

5. Storing data - db vs ini vs registry?

6. Copy Data Structures no data DB to DB

7. Copying data from one DB to another DB

8. export data from one access db to same db on another machine using vb6

9. Copy table schema and data from one DB to another DB

10. ADO/OLE DB vs Native vs RDO - Oracle

11. Using MS Data Shaping with OLE DB - data from more than one table in mpp file