Table Maintenance
Author Message
 Table Maintenance

I'm looking for some input/suggestions.

I need to develop a module that allows a client to maintain their master
tables, e.g.:  Customer, Inventory, Employee, etc.

I am using VB4 and SQL Server.  I have VB5 available if there are some
better solutions there.

The problem that I have is access to the tables from multiple workstations.

1)  If I use the remote data control, is there any way to detect when
records have been ADDED or DELETED from another workstation?
2)  Is there any way to detect if a record has been CHANGED from another
workstation?
3)  Should I use some other method besides the remote data control?  If so,
what are some good alternatives?

Feel free to warn me about any other "gotchas" to watch out for and any
good solutions to them.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
--
Mike Threlkeld
Technetics Software Development, Inc.

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. DB Table Maintenance - Form Layout

2. Table maintenance screen

3. Force Users off for Maintenance to dB

4. Update maintenance records

5. MS Access maintenance release 7.0b

6. VB Database maintenance

7. Sample Master Maintenance VB Program

8. ODBC DB Maintenance Manager?

9. Library Maintenance

10. Database creation/maintenance in VB5 HELP!

11. Code Maintenance

12. VB5 and code maintenance