Acc97 - Table Indexing
Author Message
 Acc97 - Table Indexing

Hi there,

I have a large database that has been up and running for some time now.
However, recently I had to reinstall Access97 because of some error
messages.

My problem now is that I cannot open my database anymore.  Every time I try
I receive the following error.

    <Filename.mdb> isn't an index in this table.  Look in the index
collection of the tabledef object to
    determine the valid index names.

But I can't check the indexing unless I open the database, which I can't do.

Has anyone any ideas.

Any response gratefully appreciated.

Andy

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Acc97 - Table Indexing
 Hi Andy

Perhaps try following steps

first make a copy of the Database (.....mdb) to a new location
and then try to open it.
perhaps you have to remove all Indexes and primary keys and fields with
Autofunction            Dont work ? OK  then

open access ( only access no database on demand break )
then look under options for services or Databaseutilitis
if you found search for Repair and use it on your ....MDB

must be work!

try it and post a message about it
regards Andreas

Quote:
> Hi there,

> I have a large database that has been up and running for some time now.
> However, recently I had to reinstall Access97 because of some error
> messages.

> My problem now is that I cannot open my database anymore.  Every time I
try
> I receive the following error.

>     <Filename.mdb> isn't an index in this table.  Look in the index
> collection of the tabledef object to
>     determine the valid index names.

> But I can't check the indexing unless I open the database, which I can't
do.

> Has anyone any ideas.

> Any response gratefully appreciated.

> Andy

Sat, 11 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copy Record from Table 1 to Table 2 - Acc97 - VBA

2. Multiple Index Seek (Acc97)

3. How to insert data from un-indexed tabel to indexed table

4. How to get table's index in the tables collection

5. how to sort table acc97

6. Acc97: Reading last record in a table

7. Acc97: LastModified and Bookmark not working on ODBC table

8. Assign variable a value in a table with vba, acc97

9. ACC97: How to dump an entire Array into an Access Table

10. Acc97: Exporting Tables Problem

11. Acc97: Reattach tables at startup

12. Too many indexes - Wierd hidden indexes preventing index add