VB 5.0 not NT Compatible????
Author Message
 VB 5.0 not NT Compatible????

I have loaded VB 5.0 and SP3 on NT 4.0 Workstation.  I put all files for a
project on the same machine.  When I open the project, every single OCX that
it uses VB can't find.  They are all in c:\winnt\system32.  VB complains
that it can't find the OCX's in the directory where the project resides!
Although c:\winnt\system32 is in the path, it doesn't even look there . . .
it looks in the project directory.  I don't want to change the thing to look
in the project's directory for these OCX's because for everyone else, they
are in the system directory (c:\winnt\system32 or c:\windows\system for
95/98)

Why is VB having this problem?  Should I not use VB 5.0 under NT for
development?

- Doug

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 not NT Compatible????
Are the OCXs registered on the NT Workstation?
Can you use the Project | Components dialog to add them
to your project?
You should also check the VB Annoyances page at
http://www.gridlinx.com
George
GridLinx Software    Programming Tools for VB Programmers

Quote:

>I have loaded VB 5.0 and SP3 on NT 4.0 Workstation.  I put all files for a
>project on the same machine.  When I open the project, every single OCX
that
>it uses VB can't find.  They are all in c:\winnt\system32.  VB complains
>that it can't find the OCX's in the directory where the project resides!
>Although c:\winnt\system32 is in the path, it doesn't even look there . . .
>it looks in the project directory.  I don't want to change the thing to
look
>in the project's directory for these OCX's because for everyone else, they
>are in the system directory (c:\winnt\system32 or c:\windows\system for
>95/98)

>Why is VB having this problem?  Should I not use VB 5.0 under NT for
>development?

>- Doug

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 5.0 not NT Compatible????
I ran into this problem a while ago and it was related to some bug in the
VB5 install program.  Microsoft published a fix for it.  Go to
www.microsoft.com/technet/ and perform a search for VBCMPFIX to download the
fix.

Sat, 11 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 5.0 and VFP 5.0 compatible?

2. Is a VB 5.0 ActiveX DLL Compatible with VC 5.0

3. VB 5.0 and VFP 5.0 compatible?

4. Crystal 5.0 and Access97 Database not compatible

5. VB 5.0 apps run on NT, not 95

6. Is VB 5.0 Compatible with Access 2.0

7. vb 6.0 backwards compatible with 5.0

8. Setting Default Printer in VB 5.0 for Crystal Reports 5.0 under NT 4.0

9. Setting Default Printer in VB 5.0 for Crystal Reports 5.0 under NT 4.0

10. Setting Default Printer in VB 5.0 for Crystal Reports 5.0 under NT 4.0

11. Setting Default Printer in VB 5.0 for Crystal Reports 5.0 under NT 4.0

12. Help : VB 3.0 not compatible with MS A 2.0