How to modify the subitem(1) in the listview control ?
Author Message
 How to modify the subitem(1) in the listview control ?

Hi there all,

One question to raise :

I want to edit the second subitem in listview control just like the first
subitem in it. That means that when I click the second subitem in the
listview , the second subitem's text responses the click event and popup a
rename box like the first subitem in the listview .

Is it possible ? If not , which other control do you recommend me to use ,
msflexgrid or dbgrid or others ?

Thanks in advance.

SJBao

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to modify the subitem(1) in the listview control ?

Setting the LabelEdit property to lvwAutomatic allows the user to edit the text of any item. No code required. Is this not what you want?

Regards,
Simon Jones
MillStream Designs Ltd
Independent IT Consultants

  I want to edit the second subitem in listview control just like the first
  subitem in it. That means that when I click the second subitem in the
  listview , the second subitem's text responses the click event and popup a
  rename box like the first subitem in the listview .
  Is it possible ? If not , which other control do you recommend me to use ,
  msflexgrid or dbgrid or others ?

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to modify the subitem(1) in the listview control ?

Thank you . But maybe I did not descript it very clearly. I mean whether the second column item can be edited. I changed the property as you said, then I can change the first column of any row. But I still cannot change the second column. For instance, in the windows explore, if the function that I said can be implemented , when I click the Size item or Type Item , it can be changed like the Name item. Is it possible?

Best Regards,

SJBao

    Setting the LabelEdit property to lvwAutomatic allows the user to edit the text of any item. No code required. Is this not what you want?

    Regards,
    Simon Jones
    MillStream Designs Ltd
    Independent IT Consultants

        I want to edit the second subitem in listview control just like the first
        subitem in it. That means that when I click the second subitem in the
        listview , the second subitem's text responses the click event and popup a
        rename box like the first subitem in the listview .
        Is it possible ? If not , which other control do you recommend me to use ,
        msflexgrid or dbgrid or others ?

Mon, 14 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How to modify the subitem(1) in the listview control ?

No, there is no functionality exposed to VB to allow you to do what you describe. You could use an ItemClick, DblClick or popup menu to show a "Properties" form to allow the other values to be changed. Alternatively you could use a FlexGrid or DataGrid or some 3rd Party control. See www.componentsource.com for possible alternatives.

[...]

1. ANN: Extended ListView Control (Edit any subitem with text or dropdown)

2. subitems in a listview control

3. HOW TO: Set SubItem icons in report-style ListView controls

4. Check Box in Subitems of ListView Control

5. Selecting Items AND SubItems in ListView control

6. ListView Control - Highlighting subitems?

7. Highlighting SubItems in a Listview control

8. ANN: Extended ListView Control (Edit any subitem with text or dropdown)

9. Editing subitems in a ListView control...

10. Select subitems in a listview control with view set to report

11. Inserting a subitem in a listview control (set on the report style)

12. Can SubItems in a ListView control be Edited?