Is a Form loaded/visible?
Author Message
 Is a Form loaded/visible?

I know I have seen the answer to this question here before, but I've gone
and lost the sodding bit of paper.

Depending upon a users action several data controls on different forms (MDI
children) will need to be refreshed, but, only if the forms are visible.

If Frm.Visible Then.... Just doesn't do the job, as there is a reference to
the form the form is loaded and made visible.

Do I realy have to resort to:

Dim Frm as Form
For Each Frm In Forms
If Frm.Name = "SomeFormName" Then....
Next

?

Thanks,
Tull.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Is a Form loaded/visible?

if form1 is nothing then
    'form is not loaded
else 'form is loaded

Andrew Grillage, MCP
__________________

Quote:
> I know I have seen the answer to this question here before, but I've gone
> and lost the sodding bit of paper.

> Depending upon a users action several data controls on different forms
(MDI
> children) will need to be refreshed, but, only if the forms are visible.

> If Frm.Visible Then.... Just doesn't do the job, as there is a reference
> the form the form is loaded and made visible.

> Do I realy have to resort to:

> Dim Frm as Form
> For Each Frm In Forms
> If Frm.Name = "SomeFormName" Then....
> Next

> ?

> Thanks,
> Tull.

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Is a Form loaded/visible?
I'm afraid your answer is "Yes".
You may not reference the forms, otherwise they'll be loaded.
Using "For each frm" is a good way...

[ ] Pidio

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Child form loads but is not visible

2. Form Loaded but not visible

3. App is not visible in alt-tab list unless form is visible in the taskbar

4. List1.Visible - what am I missing

5. visible=true/Form.Show makes Form.Location change!

6. the Form (Always visible) above all active forms

7. dismiss Form.PopupMenu when Form.Visible = False

9. Load Controls at Runtime - Visible / Array

10. Q:Checking If a Form Is Loaded/Visible Without Loading It?

11. load another form form one form

12. In VB6 I am Printing Loads of data under Win 2000