Crypto API DLL name?
Author Message
 Crypto API DLL name?

Does anyone know the name of the DLL I should reference in order to use the
base crypto functions from VB?  IE, in:

Public Declare Function CryptAcquireContext Lib "xxxxxxxx.dll" ( _
    ByRef phProv As Long, _
    ByVal pszContainer As String, _
    ByVal pszProvider As String, _
    ByVal dwProvType As Long, _
    ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Boolean

what is "xxxxxxxx.dll" ??? I've tried most of the obvious ones (eg, things
starting with "crypt") and had no luck.  What am I missing?

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 06:02:15 GMT
 Crypto API DLL name?
Peter,

Quote:
>Does anyone know the name of the DLL I should reference in order to use the
>base crypto functions from VB?

advapi32.dll

Mattias

====================================

http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

CodeHound - The Software Developer's Search Engine
http://www.codehound.com

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 06:58:27 GMT
 Crypto API DLL name?
Cool,

that indeed does the trick, thanks...

Quote:
> Peter,

> >Does anyone know the name of the DLL I should reference in order to use
the
> >base crypto functions from VB?

> advapi32.dll

> Mattias

> ====================================

> http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

> CodeHound - The Software Developer's Search Engine
> http://www.codehound.com

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:40:40 GMT
 Crypto API DLL name?
Whoops, spoke too soon,

I still get an error 453, which has the associated message:

    Can't find DLL entry point CryptAcquireContext in advapi32.dll

????

Quote:
> Peter,

> >Does anyone know the name of the DLL I should reference in order to use
the
> >base crypto functions from VB?

> advapi32.dll

> Mattias

> ====================================

> http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

> CodeHound - The Software Developer's Search Engine
> http://www.codehound.com

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 00:43:55 GMT
 Crypto API DLL name?
CryptAcquireContext is indeed in advapi32.dll, so there must be something else
going on.  Additionally, if you're hitting any of the certificate stuff you may
need crypt32.dll...
Quote:
I still get an error 453, which has the associated message:

    Can't find DLL entry point CryptAcquireContext in advapi32.dll

????

> Peter,

> >Does anyone know the name of the DLL I should reference in order to use
the
> >base crypto functions from VB?

> advapi32.dll

> Mattias

> ====================================

> http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/

> CodeHound - The Software Developer's Search Engine
> http://www.codehound.com

.

Sat, 01 Nov 2003 02:12:26 GMT
 Crypto API DLL name?
Private Declare Function CryptAcquireContext Lib "advapi32" Alias
"CryptAcquireContextA" (hProv As Long, ByVal szContainer As String, ByVal
szProvider As String, ByVal dwProvType As Long, ByVal dwFlags As Long) As
Long

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:55:08 GMT

1. Confilct .NET Cryptography with Windows Crypto API (Crypto32.DLL)

2. MS crypto API DLL files

3. ADVAPI32.dll: Crypto API

4. MS Crypto API DLL files

5. VB and Crypto API