Message Hook mechanism in VB5?
Author Message
 Message Hook mechanism in VB5?

I'm trying to create an In-Process Automation server using VB5.0. Is there a
way to create a modeless dialog in the VB5.0 DLL with some kind of msg hook
mechanism which would trap certain messages (like KEY_DOWN message).
Normally the client application (calling the DLL) handles the message pump
such that Windows messages are "analyzed" by the client app; modeless
dialogs created in a DLL (via VB or VC) aren't "put in the loop" unless they
expose some functionality that would allow this.  I've written an automation
DLL using VC++ which used the SetWindowsHookEx Win32 API and the MFC
Pretranslate function exposed by the DLL which is then called by the client
app. Thus, messages (including tab, acceleration keys) meant for the DLL
modeless dialog are handled properly. Is this scenario something that can be
done in VB5.0?

Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. VB5: Hooking Windows Messages / minimized program

2. HELP: Message Hook in VB5

3. Message Hooking..

4. Hooking into message queue?

5. message hooking, window subclassing, ownerdrawn menus

6. Message Hooking Snaful

7. CopyMemory and nested type defs in message hook

8. Message Hooking Snafu

9. Looking for Message Hook Control

10. Message Hook help.

11. Win32 Message Queue Hook