Embed DataReport on a form
Author Message
 Embed DataReport on a form

Is there any way--API or otherwise--to embed a DataReport in another form?
For that matter, is there a way to put any VB form on another form?  I'm not
talking MDI here; I guess I'm thinking more like the WebBrowser control.

Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:21:55 GMT
 Embed DataReport on a form
Why not? Compile it as an ActiveX control and insert it wherever you want.

Quote:
> Is there any way--API or otherwise--to embed a DataReport in another form?
> For that matter, is there a way to put any VB form on another form?  I'm
not
> talking MDI here; I guess I'm thinking more like the WebBrowser control.

Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:46:06 GMT
 Embed DataReport on a form
Yes, but what I want to do is have the contents of teh DataReport displayed
within the ActiveX control--right now, even if I create a control and put it
on the client form, I don't know how to make the DataReport (or other form)
in the ActiveX control appear within the container I drew on the client
form.  It always opens in its own window.

Quote:
> Why not? Compile it as an ActiveX control and insert it wherever you want.

> > Is there any way--API or otherwise--to embed a DataReport in another
form?
> > For that matter, is there a way to put any VB form on another form?  I'm
> not
> > talking MDI here; I guess I'm thinking more like the WebBrowser control.

Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:02:15 GMT
 Embed DataReport on a form
Try to use Windows API function SetParent in UserControl_Show event
procedure. Example below.
----------------
Private Declare Function SetParent Lib "user32" (ByVal hWndChild As Long, _
ByVal hWndNewParent As Long) As Long

Private Sub UserControl_Show()
SetParent DataReport1.hWnd, Parent.hWnd
With DataReport1
    .Left = -Parent.Left 'Show it in the left top corner
    .Top = 0
    .Show
End With
End Sub
---------------------------

Quote:
> Yes, but what I want to do is have the contents of teh DataReport
displayed
> within the ActiveX control--right now, even if I create a control and put
it
> on the client form, I don't know how to make the DataReport (or other
form)
> in the ActiveX control appear within the container I drew on the client
> form.  It always opens in its own window.

> > Why not? Compile it as an ActiveX control and insert it wherever you
want.

> > > Is there any way--API or otherwise--to embed a DataReport in another
> form?
> > > For that matter, is there a way to put any VB form on another form?
I'm
> > not
> > > talking MDI here; I guess I'm thinking more like the WebBrowser
control.

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:54:50 GMT

1. update an db embedded word object with contents form a form

2. Embed a form in a panel of another form

3. Embedding DLL hosted forms within a parent form???

4. Embedding a form in another form?

5. Create Controls Programatically/embed forms within forms

6. embed a form in another form?

7. Embedding a form in another form

8. DATAREPORT DATAREPORT

9. Accessing a form field within a datareport

10. How to Create Datareport from input form

11. Accessing a form field within a datareport

12. Add and Replace Button on DataReport Form