A QUESTION: 16-bit VB4 to 32-bit VB5
Author Message
 A QUESTION: 16-bit VB4 to 32-bit VB5

Has anyone figured out how to get a 16-bit VB4 application to talk to a
32-bit VB5 server via Remote Automation?  If so, please respond.  Thanks!

--

Sat, 09 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 A QUESTION: 16-bit VB4 to 32-bit VB5

You can do this with some limitations.  First, you have to use late
binding.  Second, if you are using CLIREG16.EXE to register the server, you
will have to edit the VBR files created with the VB5 server and change the
first line from VB5SERVERINFO to VB4SERVERINFO.  This is obviously screwed
up, and we are still discussing it with Microsoft.

--
Guinn Unger
Unger Technologies

Quote:
> Has anyone figured out how to get a 16-bit VB4 application to talk to a
> 32-bit VB5 server via Remote Automation?  If so, please respond.  Thanks!

> --

Mon, 18 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: VB4-16 bit to VB5-32 bit problem

2. VB4 (16 Bit) => VB5 (32 Bit)

3. Converting a VB4.0 16 Bit app to VB5 32 bit

4. Russian(Cyrillic): vb4 32-bit works, but vb4 16-bit doesn't

5. Passthrough queries fail in 16-bit VB4, succeed in 32-bit

6. VB4.0 - 16 bit and 32 bit

7. VB4 16-bit vs 32-bit

8. VB4 16-bit vs 32-bit

9. Can VB4.0 32 Bit call a 16 bit DLL