Sorting List View Control on date field??
Author Message
 Sorting List View Control on date field??

Hi to all
I am having problem with sorting the fields in List view control. This issue
is I am using the controls built in property .SortOrder = lvwAscending
Since the sorting is done as text fields (That is by comparing the
characters from left to right) when I have a filed with date data the
sorting is not correct.
So I want to have a fix to this problem. My date format has to be MM/DD/YYYY
(so I am unable to change the date format to YYYY/MM/DD). Also I know I can
programmatically do it by order by query (But this slows down the whole
operation)
Is there any other way I can solve this problem?
Thanks to all inputs.

Rajesh

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:07:21 GMT
 Sorting List View Control on date field??

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Sorting List View Control on date field??
Sorry Guys I think I found the answer
I am yet to try this Knowledge base article Q170884
Thanks anyway!

Rajesh

Quote:
> Hi to all
> I am having problem with sorting the fields in List view control. This
issue
> is I am using the controls built in property .SortOrder = lvwAscending
> Since the sorting is done as text fields (That is by comparing the
> characters from left to right) when I have a filed with date data the
> sorting is not correct.
> So I want to have a fix to this problem. My date format has to be
MM/DD/YYYY
> (so I am unable to change the date format to YYYY/MM/DD). Also I know I
can
> programmatically do it by order by query (But this slows down the whole
> operation)
> Is there any other way I can solve this problem?
> Thanks to all inputs.

> Rajesh

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:48:12 GMT
 Sorting List View Control on date field??
Just remember, your indices will be off after such a sort.

--

Pat

<Send E-mail FLAMES to the group only!>
<All other group related E-Mails are accepted.>
Hanlon's Razor:  "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately
explained by stupidity." :o)

| Sorry Guys I think I found the answer
| I am yet to try this Knowledge base article Q170884
| Thanks anyway!
|
| Rajesh
|

| > Hi to all
| > I am having problem with sorting the fields in List view control. This
| issue
| > is I am using the controls built in property .SortOrder = lvwAscending
| > Since the sorting is done as text fields (That is by comparing the
| > characters from left to right) when I have a filed with date data the
| > sorting is not correct.
| > So I want to have a fix to this problem. My date format has to be
| MM/DD/YYYY
| > (so I am unable to change the date format to YYYY/MM/DD). Also I know I
| can
| > programmatically do it by order by query (But this slows down the whole
| > operation)
| > Is there any other way I can solve this problem?
| > Thanks to all inputs.
| >
| > Rajesh

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:39:54 GMT
 Sorting List View Control on date field??

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Sorting List View Control on date field??
Check out www.mvps.org/vbnet, there you can find a example.

Search for "Listview"

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 11:07:21 -0500, "Rajesh Karkera"

Quote:

>Hi to all
>I am having problem with sorting the fields in List view control. This issue
>is I am using the controls built in property .SortOrder = lvwAscending
>Since the sorting is done as text fields (That is by comparing the
>characters from left to right) when I have a filed with date data the
>sorting is not correct.
>So I want to have a fix to this problem. My date format has to be MM/DD/YYYY
>(so I am unable to change the date format to YYYY/MM/DD). Also I know I can
>programmatically do it by order by query (But this slows down the whole
>operation)
>Is there any other way I can solve this problem?
>Thanks to all inputs.

>Rajesh

Fri, 20 Aug 2004 19:49:46 GMT

1. Sorting List View Control on date field??

2. Logical sorting in List View (date and/or time)

3. List View click on header to sort date column

4. List view date sort

5. Help:list view control sorting

6. slow list view sorting - help needed

7. Sorting the content of list view on clicking column headers

8. List view and sorting

9. List View Sort Question

10. List View Sort order

11. List View Column Sorting