Visual Make or similar tools?
Author Message
 Visual Make or similar tools?

Hi,

I'm looking for user feedback about using VisualMake from Mobi-sys as
part of an automated building tool. It seems the biggest advantage is
it knows about the dependencies between VB projects and knows what to
build when one of the projects changes.

Anyone using it? If so, what do you think about it?

Similar question: what are people using for large scale build n burn
processes that use VB? Are there other tools like this?

Thanks

Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Make or similar tools?
Hi Chris,

We produce the G7x Build Manager for Visual Basic 5 & 6. This tool also
manages dependencies between multiple VB projects and allows you to automate
the build process.

We have single developers using it to build small apps & enterprise clients
that use it to build upward of 700 projects.

Our next release (currently in beta) exposes the object model of the Build
Manager so you can control and extend it programmatically to suit your
individual needs.

Take a  look at www.G7x.co.uk

G Flexman
Technical Support
G7x Limited
www.G7x.co.uk
Serious Tools for Serious Developers

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm looking for user feedback about using VisualMake from Mobi-sys as
> part of an automated building tool. It seems the biggest advantage is
> it knows about the dependencies between VB projects and knows what to
> build when one of the projects changes.

> Anyone using it? If so, what do you think about it?

> Similar question: what are people using for large scale build n burn
> processes that use VB? Are there other tools like this?

> Thanks

> Chris

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Make or similar tools?
Hi Chris,

We produce the G7x Build Manager for Visual Basic 5 & 6. This tool also
manages dependencies between multiple VB projects and allows you to automate
the build process.

We have single developers using it to build small apps & enterprise clients
that use it to build upward of 700 projects.

Our next release (currently in beta) exposes the object model of the Build
Manager so you can control and extend it programmatically to suit your
individual needs.

Take a  look at www.G7x.co.uk

G Flexman
Technical Support
G7x Limited
www.G7x.co.uk
Serious Tools for Serious Developers

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm looking for user feedback about using VisualMake from Mobi-sys as
> part of an automated building tool. It seems the biggest advantage is
> it knows about the dependencies between VB projects and knows what to
> build when one of the projects changes.

> Anyone using it? If so, what do you think about it?

> Similar question: what are people using for large scale build n burn
> processes that use VB? Are there other tools like this?

> Thanks

> Chris

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Making my own Control Number similar to an autonumber

2. NDOC or similar tool

3. Catalyst SocketTools or similar tool for VB/IP connection

4. Report Design Tools similar to Crystal Reports

5. Catalyst SocketTools or similar tool for VB/IP connection

6. Y2K tool to assess,remediate visual basic tool for Y2k compliance

7. Looking for a Visual Basic 5 tool (same as label tool, but rotated 90 degrees - vertical)

8. Visual Database Tools / Visual Studio 97

9. Visual Basic 6 Visual Database Tool

10. Visual Tools 3.0 and Visual Studio 6.0?

11. WaitVBL (or similar) in Visual Basic 5 ???

12. Tracking changes made to Tools - Options