Know when DOS ends?
Author Message
 Know when DOS ends?

Quick question....

I use SHELL to launch pkunzip.  How can I know when it is done?
I can capture when Windows applications end, but when dos based apps end
the window remains and VB thinks the app is still running.

Any input?
--
Shawn Brock

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Know when DOS ends?
Take a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q129/7/96.asp?FR=0.  I
substituted "edit.com c:\resetlog.txt" for "notepad.exe" and as soon as I
did a File...Exit from within the DOS editor, the DOS box closed and the
sample app showed me the process was done.

HTH
--
Earl Damron, MCSD, MVP (Visual Basic)

Common Controls Replacement Project Member
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp

Quote:
>Quick question....

>I use SHELL to launch pkunzip.  How can I know when it is done?
>I can capture when Windows applications end, but when dos based apps end
>the window remains and VB thinks the app is still running.

>Any input?
>--
>Shawn Brock

Fri, 03 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ending a DOS shell after execution

2. Detecting end of shelled MS-DOS batch file

3. Q: How to run Dos-application hidden+wait till end

4. Waiting until DOS-shell ends...

5. Ending DOS in W95/.PIF problem

6. How to end DOS session

7. Passing results of DOS application to VB front end application

8. Wait for DOS Program to End

9. How to know end of a thread?

10. How to know end of file reached

11. How to know the end of a program called from VB5.0

12. DOS App closes -- how do I know?