VB6 ActiveX in VB5 ..ELP!
Author Message
 VB6 ActiveX in VB5 ..ELP!

Hi

I have an ActiveX control meant for VB6
it crashes in VB5

and i figured.

It only crashes when the control is added to a form

so I would "reference" it and call it as an object in code.

I get to "set" and as there is no control on the form i have nothing
to set the object to.

it is a DLL not and OCX

I tried Create or GetObject but neither work.

The help merley states it can be accessed by referencing it and using
it in the COM environment.
I cant interperet what that means I need to do to use it in VB5

Do I need to create a class to contain it, not to sure who this is
done BTW

TIA for any help or pointers to help sites.

Cheers
Dave.

Sat, 06 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 ActiveX in VB5 ..ELP!
Dave,

Quote:
> It only crashes when the control is added to a form

I had a little trouble understanding your message. Is the ActiveX control
one you wrote, or one you purchased? Does it run in VB6? On that machine or
another machine? Do you get an error message when it crashes?

In general if it runs in VB6, it should run in VB5.

Quote:
> so I would "reference" it and call it as an object in code.

It is unlikely that you will solve your problem by using a DLL instead of an
OCX.

--
Kathleen
(MS-MVP)

Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 ActiveX in VB5 ..ELP!

2. VB5 to VB6 ActiveX problems ???

3. ActiveX control from vb6 to vb5

4. VB5 to VB6 ActiveX problems ???

5. VB5 to VB6 ActiveX problems ???

6. Range...Words...paragraphs...HELP

7. HTML elp Workshop

8. Need elp with Internet Transfer Control

9. VB5/ActiveX error 429 w/no ActiveX components

10. VB6 Guru needed: VB6 Multithreaded ActiveX exe and Typelibs

11. VB5, VB6, VB6 SP3, Thanks

12. VB5, VB6, VB6 SP3, DBGrid looses last Row