VB ActiveX COM as Buffer (MTS)
Author Message
 VB ActiveX COM as Buffer (MTS)

All best pritices from microsoft and others state that the best place to
store state information in in the database

Quote:
> Hi, any idea how to create a COM as permanent global storage for use by
> other COMs? There seems no way to create a VB ActiveX COM object with
> public variables in it as a buffer for global use by all other COM
> objects, whether in MTS or not. The only way is through global.asa.
> Global.asa is very un-neat as the COM must be reference with
> Application(...). Any idea? Thanks.

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB ActiveX COM as Buffer (MTS)
In a web app there are many ways to carry state.

some suggest store in Database
some suggest Session Space or Application Space (I Dont Advise this)
Some Suggest Cookies
Some Suggest the URL/Querystring (Hidden Form Variables for Example)

Just a few ideas

Cheers

Gregory A Jackson MCSD, MCT
Sr. Software Engineer
STEP Technology
PDX, Oregon

Quote:

>All best pritices from microsoft and others state that the best place to
>store state information in in the database

>> Hi, any idea how to create a COM as permanent global storage for use by
>> other COMs? There seems no way to create a VB ActiveX COM object with
>> public variables in it as a buffer for global use by all other COM
>> objects, whether in MTS or not. The only way is through global.asa.
>> Global.asa is very un-neat as the COM must be reference with
>> Application(...). Any idea? Thanks.

Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB ActiveX COM as Buffer (MTS)

2. newbie - COM with MTS Vs COM without MTS

3. COM MTS VB IIS Problem

4. MTS COM Components written in VB

5. vb,com,dcom,mts

6. VB,COM,DCOM,MTS

7. ASP/VB/MTS/COM

8. Performance problem with MTS and VB COM

9. MTS/VB-COM/COM+ FAQ Update

10. VB, Windows 2000, COM, COM+, and MTS

11. MTS / VB-COM FAQ UPDATE

12. VB COM Non-MTS problem