looking for direction
Author Message
 looking for direction

i would like to add the ability to vb6 program to send and recieve messages
from user to user. some sort of messaging queue.i'm looking to how much this
involves so i can schedule time for this project
.i appreciate any help, thanks in advance

Sat, 31 May 2003 02:05:06 GMT
 looking for direction
Hi,

What OS are you going to be using and installing to?   NT and Win2K have
services built in that you can call from VB apps.  Win9x and ME do not and
you will need to find another method of supporting this.   You may want to
do a search of MSDN.Microsoft.com on this because I believe there is quite a
bit of information up there on this type of functionality.

--
Sincerely,

Todd B - Agendum Software

(608) 837-6736   Voice                         (419) 821-9599 Fax

Upcoming new release!  AgMapthat - Project Browser Plus!    Setup your
treeview display with favorites, encrypt your source, enable full group
project
task management and more!   Visit our web site today for more information
and screenshots on this soon to be released major VB enhancement tool!

Quote:
> i would like to add the ability to vb6 program to send and recieve
messages
> from user to user. some sort of messaging queue.i'm looking to how much
this
> involves so i can schedule time for this project
> .i appreciate any help, thanks in advance

Sat, 31 May 2003 06:06:33 GMT
 looking for direction
most of the machines are nt 4.0 and w2k  but i do have a hand full of 95/98
machines. what services could i use? what book could i get that would have
this information. i will check msdn.microsoft.com.if it comes down to it i
should be able to get all machines onto atleast nt 4.0.
thank you,
tony

Quote:
> Hi,

> What OS are you going to be using and installing to?   NT and Win2K have
> services built in that you can call from VB apps.  Win9x and ME do not and
> you will need to find another method of supporting this.   You may want to
> do a search of MSDN.Microsoft.com on this because I believe there is quite
> bit of information up there on this type of functionality.

> --
> Sincerely,

> Todd B - Agendum Software

> (608) 837-6736   Voice                         (419) 821-9599 Fax

> Upcoming new release!  AgMapthat - Project Browser Plus!    Setup your
> treeview display with favorites, encrypt your source, enable full group
> project
> task management and more!   Visit our web site today for more information
> and screenshots on this soon to be released major VB enhancement tool!

> > i would like to add the ability to vb6 program to send and recieve
> messages
> > from user to user. some sort of messaging queue.i'm looking to how much
> this
> > involves so i can schedule time for this project
> > .i appreciate any help, thanks in advance

Sat, 31 May 2003 12:33:35 GMT
 looking for direction
Tony,

I do not have any books that I can suggest to you.  Perhaps someone else can
help on that.   But you should be able to find quite a bit of information on
this service on the MSDN site.   Since you are using NT4 and Win2K, you can
and do have access to the built in messaging and you can access that via VB
code.

--
Sincerely,

Todd B - Agendum Software

(608) 837-6736   Voice                         (419) 821-9599 Fax

Upcoming new release!  AgMapthat - Project Browser Plus!    Setup your
treeview display with favorites, encrypt your source, enable full group
project
task management and more!   Visit our web site today for more information
and screenshots on this soon to be released major VB enhancement tool!

Quote:
> most of the machines are nt 4.0 and w2k  but i do have a hand full of
95/98
> machines. what services could i use? what book could i get that would have
> this information. i will check msdn.microsoft.com.if it comes down to it i
> should be able to get all machines onto atleast nt 4.0.
> thank you,
> tony

> > Hi,

> > What OS are you going to be using and installing to?   NT and Win2K have
> > services built in that you can call from VB apps.  Win9x and ME do not
and
> > you will need to find another method of supporting this.   You may want
> > do a search of MSDN.Microsoft.com on this because I believe there is
quite
> > bit of information up there on this type of functionality.

> > --
> > Sincerely,

> > Todd B - Agendum Software

> > (608) 837-6736   Voice                         (419) 821-9599 Fax

> > Upcoming new release!  AgMapthat - Project Browser Plus!    Setup your
> > treeview display with favorites, encrypt your source, enable full group
> > project
> > task management and more!   Visit our web site today for more
information
> > and screenshots on this soon to be released major VB enhancement tool!

> > > i would like to add the ability to vb6 program to send and recieve
> > messages
> > > from user to user. some sort of messaging queue.i'm looking to how
much
> > this
> > > involves so i can schedule time for this project
> > > .i appreciate any help, thanks in advance

Sun, 01 Jun 2003 12:07:08 GMT
 looking for direction
Possibly this is the technology that you are referring to:

http://www.microsoft.com/msmq/

--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP DTS

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.  I do this on my time, and
there isn't enough of that to provide personal e-mail support.

Quote:
> Tony,

> I do not have any books that I can suggest to you.  Perhaps someone else
can
> help on that.   But you should be able to find quite a bit of
information on
> this service on the MSDN site.   Since you are using NT4 and Win2K, you
can
> and do have access to the built in messaging and you can access that via
VB
> code.

> --
> Sincerely,

> Todd B - Agendum Software

> (608) 837-6736   Voice                         (419) 821-9599 Fax

> Upcoming new release!  AgMapthat - Project Browser Plus!    Setup your
> treeview display with favorites, encrypt your source, enable full group
> project
> task management and more!   Visit our web site today for more
information
> and screenshots on this soon to be released major VB enhancement tool!

> > most of the machines are nt 4.0 and w2k  but i do have a hand full of
> 95/98
> > machines. what services could i use? what book could i get that would
have
> > this information. i will check msdn.microsoft.com.if it comes down to
it i
> > should be able to get all machines onto atleast nt 4.0.
> > thank you,
> > tony

> > > Hi,

> > > What OS are you going to be using and installing to?   NT and Win2K
have
> > > services built in that you can call from VB apps.  Win9x and ME do
not
> and
> > > you will need to find another method of supporting this.   You may
want
> > > do a search of MSDN.Microsoft.com on this because I believe there is
> quite
> > > bit of information up there on this type of functionality.

> > > --
> > > Sincerely,

> > > Todd B - Agendum Software

> > > (608) 837-6736   Voice                         (419) 821-9599 Fax

> > > Upcoming new release!  AgMapthat - Project Browser Plus!    Setup
your
> > > treeview display with favorites, encrypt your source, enable full
group
> > > project
> > > task management and more!   Visit our web site today for more
> information
> > > and screenshots on this soon to be released major VB enhancement
tool!

> > > messages
> much
> > > this

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 00:23:29 GMT

1. Looking for direction on game design.

2. Looking for direction on game design.

3. looking for direction

4. looking for direction to auto update

5. Need help on direction to start looking

6. Looking for Documentation/Direction on File Attributes

7. Help! Directions to the super highway

8. Please point me in the right direction!

9. Pointer in the right Direction.

10. Sample code or good directions handling Outlook forms

11. direction of a arrow

12. Please point me in the right direction...