VB Bug in click event of combo box??
Author Message
 VB Bug in click event of combo box??
In VB6 / SP3, I have a relatively complex user interface with a control
array of 3 std combo boxes (Style:  DropdownCombo).  In the "click" event of
any of the combo boxes, when a new value is selected, I execute some pretty
standard code.  The problem occurs at the end of the click-event.

I put a break-point on the "End Sub" of the combo box click event.  When
I've execited to the "End Sub" break-point, I check the CallStack and see
that there is only ONE item in it:  The Click event.  At this point, the
combo box has a value in it.  When I press F8 to single-step past the "End
Sub", the value in the combo box dissapears (for no apparent reason!).

I've tried duplicating this in a simple program and can't.  The only
references I have is to:
    Microsoft Scripting Library
    ADO 2.1

The only controls I'm using are:
    Common Dialog Control 6.0 (SP3)
    DataGrid Control 6.0 (SP3) (OLEDB)
    Tabbed Dialog Control 6.0 (SP3)
    Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP3)

I've chalked this up to a VB bug, but, if I'm missing something obvious, I'd
appreciate any input!!

bert

Fri, 05 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB Bug in click event of combo box??
I've had some fun with Combo Boxes in my time, try nesting them and watch
the results, quite fantastic!  Send me the code and I'll have a look for
you.

Cheers,
Tull.

Quote:
> In VB6 / SP3, I have a relatively complex user interface with a control
> array of 3 std combo boxes (Style:  DropdownCombo).  In the "click" event
of
> any of the combo boxes, when a new value is selected, I execute some
pretty
> standard code.  The problem occurs at the end of the click-event.

> I put a break-point on the "End Sub" of the combo box click event.  When
> I've execited to the "End Sub" break-point, I check the CallStack and see
> that there is only ONE item in it:  The Click event.  At this point, the
> combo box has a value in it.  When I press F8 to single-step past the "End
> Sub", the value in the combo box dissapears (for no apparent reason!).

> I've tried duplicating this in a simple program and can't.  The only
> references I have is to:
>     Microsoft Scripting Library
>     ADO 2.1

> The only controls I'm using are:
>     Common Dialog Control 6.0 (SP3)
>     DataGrid Control 6.0 (SP3) (OLEDB)
>     Tabbed Dialog Control 6.0 (SP3)
>     Windows Common Controls 6.0 (SP3)

> I've chalked this up to a VB bug, but, if I'm missing something obvious,
I'd
> appreciate any input!!

> bert

Mon, 08 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting Combo box ListIndex initiates Combo box Click event

2. Clicking outside combobox trigger click event of the combo box

3. Combo Box Click Event...

4. combo box Click event not firing

5. Strange behavour in combo box - unexpected click event

6. Strange behavour in combo box - unwanted click events

7. Unload Statement in Combo Box Click Event

8. Combo box - click event and Delet

9. Combo Box Click Event Error

10. Combo box - bug in the change event?

11. Combo boxes bug in VB 3?

12. Is VB bug ? Unexpected click event in combo box.