Crystal Reports 7
Author Message
 Crystal Reports 7

Hi, We've recently purchaced Crystal Reports 7 and I'm having problems
setting the SelectionFormular, no matter what I put in I get an error
message telling me that the Field cannot be found in my Mdb.

.Selectionformular="{Site}='Test1'"

The report is loading ok and without the SelectionFormular set I get a
nicely formatted report.

Is there anyway I can use the SQLquery instead, I'm not running an SQL
server and I'm not linking ODBC, the help file indicates that these are the
only situations where you can use the property.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tull.

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 7
Has anyone got any code that will turn an SQL statement into a Crystal
SelectionFormular?

Thanks again.

Tull.

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 7
Try this

.Selectionformular="{TABLE NAME.Site}= 'Test1'"

You sometimes need to let it know from which table the field is coming from
(annoying I know, but you can see the sense in it, just in case you've used
the field name twice in two seperate tables)

Quote:
> Hi, We've recently purchaced Crystal Reports 7 and I'm having problems
> setting the SelectionFormular, no matter what I put in I get an error
> message telling me that the Field cannot be found in my Mdb.

> .Selectionformular="{Site}='Test1'"

> The report is loading ok and without the SelectionFormular set I get a
> nicely formatted report.

> Is there anyway I can use the SQLquery instead, I'm not running an SQL
> server and I'm not linking ODBC, the help file indicates that these are
the
> only situations where you can use the property.

> Any help greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Tull.

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports 7
Thanks for the reply, yes I can do this, but I'm working with SQL statements
that the user may have typed or entered using drop down boxes.  The
statements, while not copmlicated, could be long, such as:

Select Site, Suite, Flag, User1, Comments From Stock Where SIte='Test' And
Suite='A' And Rack='A' And Shelf='A' And ShowInReport=True Order By Site,
Suite, Rach Shelf;

Turning that into a SelectionFormula seems to be a bit long winded, if it's
the only thing I can do then so be it.

Any other ideas?

Why can't I use the SQLQuery?

Cheers,
Tull.

> .Selectionformular="{TABLE NAME.Site}= 'Test1'"

> You sometimes need to let it know from which table the field is coming
from
> (annoying I know, but you can see the sense in it, just in case you've
used
> the field name twice in two seperate tables)

> > Hi, We've recently purchaced Crystal Reports 7 and I'm having problems
> > setting the SelectionFormular, no matter what I put in I get an error
> > message telling me that the Field cannot be found in my Mdb.

> > .Selectionformular="{Site}='Test1'"

> > The report is loading ok and without the SelectionFormular set I get a
> > nicely formatted report.

> > Is there anyway I can use the SQLquery instead, I'm not running an SQL
> > server and I'm not linking ODBC, the help file indicates that these are
> the
> > only situations where you can use the property.

> > Any help greatly appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > Tull.

Fri, 15 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printing Crystal Reports without Crystal Control ActiveX or Crystal Reports API call

2. Linking Crystal Report with a stored Procedure -- crystal report for visual studio.net

3. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

4. Crystal Report 6 and Crystal Report 8

5. Crystal Reports 8.5 (VB6) to Crystal Reports NET (VB.NET) conversion

6. vb .net crystal reports not compatible with Crystal Reports 8.5

7. Passing Parameters from C# to Crystal Report / Crystal Report Viewer

8. Utilisation de crystal report/Use of Crystal Report

9. Different between VB's Crystal Report and Seagate Crystal Report

10. Crystal Report 7 ActiveX (craxdrt.dll) vs Crystal Report Engine (CPEAUTO.dll)

11. Crystal Reports 6 to Crystal Reports 8

12. Crystal Report 4.6 in Crystal Report 6.0