"Permission Denied" Errors
Author Message
 "Permission Denied" Errors

Hi,

I am getting a permission denied error in the most unexpected line in my vb
code.

I have a component in a DLL called "myA.Process".  myA.Process is a COM+
application and always run with transaction.  The caller of myA.Process
calls the DoProcess method which has one ByVal parameter of type
"Scripting.Dictionary".

Inside DoProcess at the line that read
  If oDictionary.Exists("name") Then sName = oDictionary.Item("name")

I receive error 70, Permission Denied.  The error does not occure when
running the code in VB IDE only when compiled.

I have checked the permission on scrrun.dll and it is configured to be read
and executed by everyone.  I don't know whatelse to try.  Can anyone help

Phil

Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:21:39 GMT
 "Permission Denied" Errors
This sounds like a Components Services permissions issue... Have you
registered it in Component Services? if so check permissions for the
application and classes constituting the dll - also ensure the application
is configured to run under an account with sufficient security priveleges...

hope this helps

ralph

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am getting a permission denied error in the most unexpected line in my
vb
> code.

> I have a component in a DLL called "myA.Process".  myA.Process is a COM+
> application and always run with transaction.  The caller of myA.Process
> calls the DoProcess method which has one ByVal parameter of type
> "Scripting.Dictionary".

> Inside DoProcess at the line that read
>   If oDictionary.Exists("name") Then sName = oDictionary.Item("name")

> I receive error 70, Permission Denied.  The error does not occure when
> running the code in VB IDE only when compiled.

> I have checked the permission on scrrun.dll and it is configured to be
read
> and executed by everyone.  I don't know whatelse to try.  Can anyone help

> Phil

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:19:26 GMT
 "Permission Denied" Errors
The application is registered under component service as a server
application.  While trying to identify the cause of this error, the
application has been configured to run under a domain account that has an
admin privilage on the server, however, the error persists on exactly the
same line.

The COM+ appliction is instantiated by a non configurable ActiveX EXE
component which is in turn instantiated by an NT service or standard exe
application.  The NT Service application runs under the credential of the
default 'local system account'.  I have also attempted changing this to the
same domain account used by the COM+ applicaton but that did not help.

Quote:
> This sounds like a Components Services permissions issue... Have you
> registered it in Component Services? if so check permissions for the
> application and classes constituting the dll - also ensure the application
> is configured to run under an account with sufficient security
priveleges...

> hope this helps

> ralph

> > Hi,

> > I am getting a permission denied error in the most unexpected line in my
> vb
> > code.

> > I have a component in a DLL called "myA.Process".  myA.Process is a COM+
> > application and always run with transaction.  The caller of myA.Process
> > calls the DoProcess method which has one ByVal parameter of type
> > "Scripting.Dictionary".

> > Inside DoProcess at the line that read
> >   If oDictionary.Exists("name") Then sName = oDictionary.Item("name")

> > I receive error 70, Permission Denied.  The error does not occure when
> > running the code in VB IDE only when compiled.

> > I have checked the permission on scrrun.dll and it is configured to be
> read
> > and executed by everyone.  I don't know whatelse to try.  Can anyone
help

> > Phil

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 03:22:16 GMT

1. "Permission denied" Error

2. "Permission Denied" error atypical

3. "Permission Denied" Errors

4. "Permission Denied Error" in IE 6.0

5. "Permission Denied" error on GetNameSpace call - Help Please

6. "Permission Denied" error on SendKeys in VB5 -- Help!

7. "Permission Denied" error messages when debugging components in Win2k

8. "Permission denied" when recompiling ActiveX dll

9. Permission Denied "Documents"

10. "permission denied"

11. WithEvents "Permission Denied"

12. Compactdatabase method - "permission denied" on compile