Debug Problem connecting between ASP pages on website and VB DLL
Author Message
 Debug Problem connecting between ASP pages on website and VB DLL

I want to debug a Visual Basic DLL thats called from an active
server page on a web server. When I set a breakpoint in the
DLL and start it up and then restart the IIS (or not). When
interacting with the web site I don't get the jump into the
breakpoint in the VB ActiveX dll. There is no error message
or warning. Any ideas what might cause this? What I might try?

Thanks in Advance
Rob Reynolds

Tue, 03 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Debug Problem connecting between ASP pages on website and VB DLL
Means that page is using the DLL instead of VB IDE version.

Try using UNLOAD button on website properties page. If in COM+/MTS stop the
application/package. When all else fails, I unregister the DLL -- and some
times even rename it to be certain that it is not available.

Quote:
> I want to debug a visual basic DLL thats called from an active
> server page on a web server. When I set a breakpoint in the
> DLL and start it up and then restart the IIS (or not). When
> interacting with the web site I don't get the jump into the
> breakpoint in the VB ActiveX dll. There is no error message
> or warning. Any ideas what might cause this? What I might try?

> Thanks in Advance
> Rob Reynolds

Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Debug VB.NET DLL(Class Library) from ASP.NET page

2. Debugging VB dll through my ASP page

3. Debugging VB dll through my ASP page

4. Debugging VB6 dll for ASP page

5. How do I use a VB6 dll to connect to a db from an asp page

6. Help! - debugging VB Components - triggered from ASP Page

7. Debugging VB controls from ASP Pages.

8. VB 6.0 DLL debugging from ASP in Windows 2003 Server

9. Debug a vb dll in asp

10. Debug VB DLL (Design Mode) with ASP/IIS 5.0

11. Debug VB DLL (Design Mode) with ASP/IIS 5.0

12. Debugging VB dll sitting in COM+, called by ASP