Design Time Controls Properties
Author Message
 Design Time Controls Properties

Hello,

As a Visual Basic Programmer you probably know that VB stores the
description of a form into a formfile (.frm). I show you a part of this
formfile:

      Begin VB.TextBox txtDescription
         Height          =   852
         Left            =   1800
         MultiLine       =   -1  'True
         ScrollBars      =   2  'Vertical
         TabIndex        =   16
         Top             =   1080
         Width           =   5292
      End

I want to register also properties of a control, but not in the formfile,
but in a similar way in my database. I was thinking about just a textfield
that contains text like in the example above.

I've three questions that would help me a lot to continue my current
project:

1) Is there somewhere an Active-X DLL or an Active-X Control that reads
text like shown in the example and returns a DTC with the properties found
in the text. And is there also a way to create a text like this with the
properties of a control (so a write function to restore updated properties
in my database)?

2) Is there a way to use the property pages of DTC like in the VB
Environment? But I want to use these property page in my own application

3) Is there a way to find out what properties there are for a control, for
example a construction like this:

        For each PropVar in VB.Control
                Debug.Print PropVar.Name & " = " & PropVar.Value
        Next PropVar

        So that I've a list like this:

        Height = 852
        Left = 1800

In some manuals I've found things like "PropertyBag" and "Property Object"
but nowhere there was a good description what it is exactly and how to use
it.

I will be very pleased if you have some answers for me.

Thank you very much.

Martin

Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Design Time Controls Properties
Yeah... I have already answered this in another group... I can't remember
which one though... I've seen the question so many times... maybe I just
thought I already answered it...

Quote:
> Hello,

> As a Visual Basic Programmer you probably know that VB stores the
> description of a form into a formfile (.frm). I show you a part of this
> formfile:

>       Begin VB.TextBox txtDescription
>          Height          =   852
>          Left            =   1800
>          MultiLine       =   -1  'True
>          ScrollBars      =   2  'Vertical
>          TabIndex        =   16
>          Top             =   1080
>          Width           =   5292
>       End

> I want to register also properties of a control, but not in the formfile,
> but in a similar way in my database. I was thinking about just a textfield
> that contains text like in the example above.

> I've three questions that would help me a lot to continue my current
> project:

> 1) Is there somewhere an Active-X DLL or an Active-X Control that reads
> text like shown in the example and returns a DTC with the properties found
> in the text. And is there also a way to create a text like this with the
> properties of a control (so a write function to restore updated properties
> in my database)?

> 2) Is there a way to use the property pages of DTC like in the VB
> Environment? But I want to use these property page in my own application

> 3) Is there a way to find out what properties there are for a control, for
> example a construction like this:

> For each PropVar in VB.Control
> Debug.Print PropVar.Name & " = " & PropVar.Value
> Next PropVar

> So that I've a list like this:

> Height = 852
> Left = 1800

> In some manuals I've found things like "PropertyBag" and "Property Object"
> but nowhere there was a good description what it is exactly and how to use
> it.

> I will be very pleased if you have some answers for me.

> Thank you very much.

> Martin

Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Design Time Controls Properties
Yeah... I have already answered this in another group... I can't remember
which one though... I've seen the question so many times... maybe I just
thought I already answered it...

Quote:
> Hello,

> As a Visual Basic Programmer you probably know that VB stores the
> description of a form into a formfile (.frm). I show you a part of this
> formfile:

>       Begin VB.TextBox txtDescription
>          Height          =   852
>          Left            =   1800
>          MultiLine       =   -1  'True
>          ScrollBars      =   2  'Vertical
>          TabIndex        =   16
>          Top             =   1080
>          Width           =   5292
>       End

> I want to register also properties of a control, but not in the formfile,
> but in a similar way in my database. I was thinking about just a textfield
> that contains text like in the example above.

> I've three questions that would help me a lot to continue my current
> project:

> 1) Is there somewhere an Active-X DLL or an Active-X Control that reads
> text like shown in the example and returns a DTC with the properties found
> in the text. And is there also a way to create a text like this with the
> properties of a control (so a write function to restore updated properties
> in my database)?

> 2) Is there a way to use the property pages of DTC like in the VB
> Environment? But I want to use these property page in my own application

> 3) Is there a way to find out what properties there are for a control, for
> example a construction like this:

> For each PropVar in VB.Control
> Debug.Print PropVar.Name & " = " & PropVar.Value
> Next PropVar

> So that I've a list like this:

> Height = 852
> Left = 1800

> In some manuals I've found things like "PropertyBag" and "Property Object"
> but nowhere there was a good description what it is exactly and how to use
> it.

> I will be very pleased if you have some answers for me.

> Thank you very much.

> Martin

Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Design Time Controls Properties
Hello Andy,

I'm sorry if I missed your answers, but before I didn't have this
problem, so I was not specially reading news about this item. If have
still have the answers somewhere, please send them to me. It would help
me a lot.

Thanks

Martin

Quote:
>Yeah... I have already answered this in another group... I can't
>remember which one though... I've seen the question so many times...
>maybe I just thought I already answered it...

>> Hello,

>> As a Visual Basic Programmer you probably know that VB stores the
>> description of a form into a formfile (.frm). I show you a part of
>> this formfile:

>>       Begin VB.TextBox txtDescription
>>          Height          =   852
>>          Left            =   1800
>>          MultiLine       =   -1  'True
>>          ScrollBars      =   2  'Vertical
>>          TabIndex        =   16
>>          Top             =   1080
>>          Width           =   5292
>>       End

>> I want to register also properties of a control, but not in the
>> formfile, but in a similar way in my database. I was thinking about
>> just a textfield that contains text like in the example above.

>> I've three questions that would help me a lot to continue my current
>> project:

>> 1) Is there somewhere an Active-X DLL or an Active-X Control that
>> reads text like shown in the example and returns a DTC with the
>> properties found in the text. And is there also a way to create a text
>> like this with the properties of a control (so a write function to
>> restore updated properties in my database)?

>> 2) Is there a way to use the property pages of DTC like in the VB
>> Environment? But I want to use these property page in my own
>> application

>> 3) Is there a way to find out what properties there are for a control,
>> for example a construction like this:

>> For each PropVar in VB.Control
>> Debug.Print PropVar.Name & " = " & PropVar.Value
>> Next PropVar

>> So that I've a list like this:

>> Height = 852
>> Left = 1800

>> In some manuals I've found things like "PropertyBag" and "Property
>> Object" but nowhere there was a good description what it is exactly
>> and how to use it.

>> I will be very pleased if you have some answers for me.

>> Thank you very much.

>> Martin

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Design Time Controls Properties

2. Saving properties of ActiveX control from design time to run time

3. Design-time properties in Run-time Controls

4. Custom Control with Design Time only properties

5. *** Refreshing control at design time when property changed?

6. DBCombo Control Crashes System at Design Time (Record Source Property)

7. Setting design-time properties of UserControl constituent controls

8. Specifying design-time properties in ActiveX controls

9. ActiveX Control Design-Time Properties

10. Accessing design time properties in run time

11. Design time or run time, setting properties

12. getting run-time behavior of a contained control in a user control at design time