ADO & SQLPassThrough
Author Message
 ADO & SQLPassThrough

Have you tried using the CursorLocation property of your ADO connection?
Setting it to adUseServer may reduce your network traffic.  You might also
consider using stored procedures to return your data.

--
John Tabor

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jftabor
___________

Quote:

>We are converting a VB3 DAO app to VB6 ADO.  All the queries in the VB3 app
>used the dbsqlpassthrough option. I have not been able to find the same
option
>for ADO.  I used sqltrace to watch the ADO calls and I noticed a single
select
>issued 4 calls to open and fetch from a cursor.  THE DAO calls just send
and
>execute the single select statement.  Our DBA would like to get rid of the
>'extra' calls in the ADO model.  Any ideas or solutions would be greatly
>appreciated.

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Null Size of text field objects from SQLPASSTHROUGH=64

2. SQLPASSTHROUGH/size of recordset nul

3. SQLPASSTHROUGH/size of recordset nul!

4. sqlpassthrough

5. SQLPASSTHROUGH

6. SQLPassThrough recordset can't be filtered?

7. ADO Linking Databases/Tables - VB6 & .mde

8. ado & odbc &mysql

9. error using ADO (*%*%%(*^()*&)(*&^$##@

10. ADO&SQL7->30sec-waits&multiuserprobs

11. Urgent--Datagrid &ADO & ORACLE

12. error using ADO (*%*%%(*^()*&)(*&^$##@