"Error in Loading DLL" conflicting DLLs
Author Message
 "Error in Loading DLL" conflicting DLLs

Can anyone suggest some good tools to use in diagnosing problems with
conflicting DLLs?

I have a 32-bit VB 4.0 install (using Wise Install 5.0c) that will
install and run fine on some machines but not others.  Thus, I suspect a
conflict in DLLs or OCXs, but since the error (Error 48: "Error in
haven't been able to find out which DLL/OCX is causing the conflict.

Any ideas would be a great help!!

Thanks!

Steve

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 "Error in Loading DLL" conflicting DLLs

This error most likely the result of a missing DLL, one that just happens
to exist on some machines and not on others, and is not included in your
Wise installation.

Try looking at the file SW32TMPL.INI in your Visual Basic SetupKit\kitfil32
directory for more information.

This is probably the worst way to determine DLL dependencies, but it is a
file that everyone has access to and will get you going in the right
direction immediately.

I hope this helps.

David
--
in-process software, inc.

Wed, 01 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 "Error in Loading DLL" conflicting DLLs

Quote:

> This error most likely the result of a missing DLL, one that just happens
> to exist on some machines and not on others, and is not included in your
> Wise installation.

> Try looking at the file SW32TMPL.INI in your Visual Basic SetupKit\kitfil32
> directory for more information.

> This is probably the worst way to determine DLL dependencies, but it is a
> file that everyone has access to and will get you going in the right
> direction immediately.

> I hope this helps.

> David
> --
> in-process software, inc.

Thanks for the reply!

I believe I have covered all the dependencies in SW32TMPL.INI, but I'll
take another more careful look.

I'm beginning to think this is a continuation of a problem I had
installing on a previous machine (which now works) involving
COMCTL32.OCX and COMDLG32.OCX, which ship with VB 5.0 CCE.  I installed
VB 5.0 CCE and then removed it from my machine and this solved the
problem for that machine, but I think I may yet have some versions of
DLLs/OCXs on my machine that are causing trouble.  When I get a solution
I will post my findings.

Steve

Wed, 01 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error message : "Error in loading DLL"

2. "Error in loading DLL"

3. "Error in Loading DLL"

4. Unable to load "Msdadc.dll" error

5. Error: "Error detected by Database DLL"

6. "Unable to load development environment DLL".

7. "Unable to load RAOCX32.DLL..."

8. DLL or something like "#"#ยค#"!"#

9. C DLL and VB "wrapper DLL"

10. Access200 - Error 49: "Bad DLL calling..."

11. Error 48 "looking for wininet.dll"?

12. VB Error: "Bad DLL Calling Convention"