Convert Greenwich Mean Time to EST
Author Message
 Convert Greenwich Mean Time to EST

I need help with the conversion of "Greenwich Mean Time" to Eastern
time? Any sample funcions whould be great!

Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert Greenwich Mean Time to EST

Quote:
> I need help with the conversion of "Greenwich Mean Time" to Eastern
> time? Any sample funcions whould be great!

Here are the formulas used by Windows to calculate times based on GMT. I
hope this helps.

David

Time Zone List
(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time; Dublin, Edinburgh, London
(GMT+01:00) Lisbon, Warsaw
(GMT+01:00) Paris, Madrid
(GMT+01:00) Berlin, Stockholm, Rome, Bern, Brussels, Vienna
(GMT+02:00) Eastern Europe
(GMT+01:00) Prague
(GMT+02:00) Athens, Helsinki, Istanbul
(GMT-03:00) Rio de Janeiro
(GMT-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada)
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
(GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
(GMT-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
(GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana
(GMT-09:00) Alaska
(GMT-10:00) Hawaii
(GMT-11:00) Midway Island, Samoa
(GMT+12:00) Wellington
(GMT+10:00) Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney
(GMT+09:30) Adelaide
(GMT+09:00) Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo, Seoul, Yakutsk
(GMT+08:00) Hong Kong, Perth, Singapore, Taipei
(GMT+07:00) Bangkok, Jakarta, Hanoi
(GMT+05:30) Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, New Delhi, Colombo
(GMT+04:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Tbilisi, Kazan, Volgograd
(GMT+03:30) Tehran
(GMT+03:00) Baghdad, Kuwait, Nairobi, Riyadh
(GMT+02:00) Israel
(GMT-03:30) Newfoundland
(GMT-01:00) Azores, Cape Verde Is.
(GMT-02:00) Mid-Atlantic
(GMT) Monrovia, Casablanca
(GMT-03:00) Buenos Aires, Georgetown
(GMT-04:00) Caracas, La Paz
(GMT-05:00) Indiana (East)
(GMT-05:00) Bogota, Lima
(GMT-06:00) Saskatchewan
(GMT-06:00) Mexico City, Tegucigalpa
(GMT-07:00) Arizona
(GMT-12:00) Enewetak, Kwajalein
(GMT+12:00) Fiji, Kamchatka, Marshall Is.
(GMT+11:00) Magadan, Soloman Is., New Caledonia
(GMT+10:00) Hobart
(GMT+10:00) Guam, Port Moresby, Vladivostok
(GMT+09:30) Darwin
(GMT+08:00) Beijing, Chongqing, Urumqi
(GMT+06:00) Alma Ata, Dhaka
(GMT+05:00) Islamabad, Karachi, Sverdlovsk, Tashkent
(GMT+04:30) Kabul
(GMT+02:00) Cairo
(GMT+02:00) Harare, Pretoria
(GMT+03:00) Moscow, St. Petersburg

Fri, 03 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert Greenwich Mean Time to EST

David

thanks for the conversions, My problem is that I need to figure the time
by time zone give a GMT time and a Date.  As you know these time are
plus or minus depending on daylight savings time. Also if a time is
prior to or just after 12:00 am est.

Quote:

> > I need help with the conversion of "Greenwich Mean Time" to Eastern
> > time? Any sample funcions whould be great!

> Here are the formulas used by Windows to calculate times based on GMT. I
> hope this helps.

> David

> Time Zone List
> (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time; Dublin, Edinburgh, London
> (GMT+01:00) Lisbon, Warsaw
> (GMT+01:00) Paris, Madrid
> (GMT+01:00) Berlin, Stockholm, Rome, Bern, Brussels, Vienna
> (GMT+02:00) Eastern Europe
> (GMT+01:00) Prague
> (GMT+02:00) Athens, Helsinki, Istanbul
> (GMT-03:00) Rio de Janeiro
> (GMT-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada)
> (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
> (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
> (GMT-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
> (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana
> (GMT-09:00) Alaska
> (GMT-10:00) Hawaii
> (GMT-11:00) Midway Island, Samoa
> (GMT+12:00) Wellington
> (GMT+10:00) Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney
> (GMT+09:30) Adelaide
> (GMT+09:00) Tokyo, Osaka, Sapporo, Seoul, Yakutsk
> (GMT+08:00) Hong Kong, Perth, Singapore, Taipei
> (GMT+07:00) Bangkok, Jakarta, Hanoi
> (GMT+05:30) Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, New Delhi, Colombo
> (GMT+04:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat, Tbilisi, Kazan, Volgograd
> (GMT+03:30) Tehran
> (GMT+03:00) Baghdad, Kuwait, Nairobi, Riyadh
> (GMT+02:00) Israel
> (GMT-03:30) Newfoundland
> (GMT-01:00) Azores, Cape Verde Is.
> (GMT-02:00) Mid-Atlantic
> (GMT) Monrovia, Casablanca
> (GMT-03:00) Buenos Aires, Georgetown
> (GMT-04:00) Caracas, La Paz
> (GMT-05:00) Indiana (East)
> (GMT-05:00) Bogota, Lima
> (GMT-06:00) Saskatchewan
> (GMT-06:00) Mexico City, Tegucigalpa
> (GMT-07:00) Arizona
> (GMT-12:00) Enewetak, Kwajalein
> (GMT+12:00) Fiji, Kamchatka, Marshall Is.
> (GMT+11:00) Magadan, Soloman Is., New Caledonia
> (GMT+10:00) Hobart
> (GMT+10:00) Guam, Port Moresby, Vladivostok
> (GMT+09:30) Darwin
> (GMT+08:00) Beijing, Chongqing, Urumqi
> (GMT+06:00) Alma Ata, Dhaka
> (GMT+05:00) Islamabad, Karachi, Sverdlovsk, Tashkent
> (GMT+04:30) Kabul
> (GMT+02:00) Cairo
> (GMT+02:00) Harare, Pretoria
> (GMT+03:00) Moscow, St. Petersburg

Sat, 04 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert Greenwich Mean Time to EST

Quote:

>thanks for the conversions, My problem is that I need to figure the time
>by time zone give a GMT time and a Date.  As you know these time are
>plus or minus depending on daylight savings time. Also if a time is
>prior to or just after 12:00 am est.

Search the SDK for (I think) SystemTimeToLocalTime and
LocalTimeToSystemTime.

Joe

Never underestimate the power of a WAG.

http://www.citilink.com/~jgarrick/vbasic/

Sat, 04 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert Greenwich Mean Time to EST

Thanks joe

Quote:

> >thanks for the conversions, My problem is that I need to figure the time
> >by time zone give a GMT time and a Date.  As you know these time are
> >plus or minus depending on daylight savings time. Also if a time is
> >prior to or just after 12:00 am est.

> Search the SDK for (I think) SystemTimeToLocalTime and
> LocalTimeToSystemTime.

> Joe

> Never underestimate the power of a WAG.

> http://www.citilink.com/~jgarrick/vbasic/

Wed, 08 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting Greenwich Mean Time

2. Converting Greenwich Mean Time

3. Greenwich Mean Time

4. HELP: getting Greenwich Mean Time

5. how to calculate the GMT (greenwich mean time)

6. Greenwich Mean Time

7. How to Convert GMT(Greenwich) Time to short date and time and vice versa

8. Convert GMT to EST

9. Retrieving EST Time on a GMT pc.

10. GMT to EST Time using SystemTimeToTzSpecificLocalTime

11. GMT Time to EST "SystemTimeToTzSpecificLocalTime"

12. How Can I Obtain Greenwich Mean Time in VB?