VB Sourcebook??
Author Message
 VB Sourcebook??

Hi
I am looking to get the Total Visual Sourcebook from FMSINC. www.fmsinc.com

Has anyone used it?? What is the general opinion?

Is there a comparable or better product out there??

Thanks

Paul

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:29:57 GMT
 VB Sourcebook??
I've used it for a few years and I think it's excellent.  It comes with a
ton of code, plus it's a very good repository for your own code.  It also
works well in a networked environment to share code among developers.
--
Earl Damron, MCSD, MVP (Visual Basic)

Quote:
> Hi
> I am looking to get the Total Visual Sourcebook from FMSINC.
www.fmsinc.com

> Has anyone used it?? What is the general opinion?

> Is there a comparable or better product out there??

> Thanks

> Paul

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:02:56 GMT
 VB Sourcebook??
You might also want to check out Code+, from AxTools (www.axtools.com). Not
as much code as TVS, but IMO better interface and more flexible.

--
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Klaus H. Probst, MVP

Please post/reply to the newsgroup(s)

Quote:
> Hi
> I am looking to get the Total Visual Sourcebook from FMSINC.
www.fmsinc.com

> Has anyone used it?? What is the general opinion?

> Is there a comparable or better product out there??

> Thanks

> Paul

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:50:51 GMT
 VB Sourcebook??
Paul,

We released AgMapthat Project Browser Plus which is much more than just a
source code repository.   But in regard to just that one ability of
AgMapthatPB+, not only can you set snips, headers and handlers to function
at the component level, object level or globally, it has built in wizards
for creating code like select case and more...   The select case wizard, for
example, even reads all ENUMs in a project and give you click access to
creating case statements using the enums available.    Additionally, you can
create what we call 'Packages' that with a single click allow you to save
out or insert full packaged snips, controls, classes, entire modules and
much more - and all in the correct locations and areas without anything but
a click.   Packages are so powerful that you could even archive an entire
project into a package and insert it in entirety into a new project or
existing project where ever and when ever you want.

Additionally, we have developed in full shared and group capabilities so
that now AgMapthat PB+ not only allows for full project group task
management but full shared snip, header and handler group access and
management.   In fact you can even load multiple databases of snips which
can all be shared if you desire which working on a project.

This tool has much more to it and much more capability to the source code
library system.   The trial version does come with a 100 or so snips but the
full version has thousands of snips plus we are getting ready to start
releasing add-on code packs as well.  You can download a trial version from
(http://www.AgendumSoftware.com) if you would like to try it out.   Please
keep in mind this tool is way more than a code repository... it has that as
a very powerful built in feature but in essence this tool is a complete
replacement for the full Project Explorer, object browser (and very soon
when we release the add-on module for it) an active Menu editor replacement
as well that even allows you to work with menus right from the treeviews.

--
Sincerely,

Todd B - CEO - Agendum Software

(608) 837-6736                                 (419) 821-9599

Quote:
> Hi
> I am looking to get the Total Visual Sourcebook from FMSINC.
www.fmsinc.com

> Has anyone used it?? What is the general opinion?

> Is there a comparable or better product out there??

> Thanks

> Paul

Sat, 26 Jul 2003 16:23:58 GMT
 VB Sourcebook??
Also take a look at our product, Object Briefcase.  Our target audience
is more experienced developers who don't need all of the code, but
still want a great way of creating and storing code for reuse.

One of the things that sets Object Briefcase apart is its ability to
store controls with the event code and then send those back to VB.

You can create your own code wizards using the powerful IntelliPaste
(tm) technology.  You can send smart error handling (or other) code
automatically to entire modules or projects.

Take a look at:  http://www.SevenStarTech.com

Their is a 30-day trial version available for download, and the full
version is only $49.

Also, you can download a separate FREE source code printing add-in:
StarPrint/VB Standard Edition.

Thanks,

-Rob Hajicek
 SevenStar Technologies

Quote:
> Hi
> I am looking to get the Total Visual Sourcebook from FMSINC.
www.fmsinc.com

> Has anyone used it?? What is the general opinion?

> Is there a comparable or better product out there??

> Thanks

> Paul

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:33:42 GMT
 VB Sourcebook??
I should have mentioned that we have a 30% OFF COUPON running until
2/9/01.  Simply enter coupon code "zayzxatzf" when placing your order
at our online store at:

        http://sevenstartech.safeshopper.com

Thanks!

-Rob Hajicek
 SevenStar Technologies

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:01:05 GMT
 VB Sourcebook??
I would have to agree. I have both products and although the code in TVSB is
great, I prefer the interface and repository that Source+ provides. It also
has an excellent library with it as well.

My $.02
Travis Gibson

Quote:
> You might also want to check out Code+, from AxTools (www.axtools.com).
Not
> as much code as TVS, but IMO better interface and more flexible.

> --
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> Klaus H. Probst, MVP
>    http://www.vbbox.com/
>    http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

> Please post/reply to the newsgroup(s)

> > Hi
> > I am looking to get the Total Visual Sourcebook from FMSINC.
> www.fmsinc.com

> > Has anyone used it?? What is the general opinion?

> > Is there a comparable or better product out there??

> > Thanks

> > Paul

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 06:25:19 GMT

1. VB Sourcebook??

2. New Product: Total Visual SourceBook for Access and VB

3. SourceBook 5.0

4. SourceBook 5.0

5. Detecting Mouse Click in Non-VB or VB app (in VB 6)

6. vb MSCOMM Control works in VB 5 and not VB 6

7. Debugging VB Usercontrols in VB without 2nd VB Test project

8. optimizing performance and data transfer vb->excel and vb->vb

9. optimizing performance and data transfer vb->excel and vb->vb

10. convert vb 3.1 to vb 6.0

11. ? Convert Macro to VB using VB