Automation Error during Remote Procedure Call (RPC) using DCOM and Automation Manager
Author Message
 Automation Error during Remote Procedure Call (RPC) using DCOM and Automation Manager

Could anyone help me that I got an error called Automation Error (Error No.
-217....) during processing the RPC through DCOM or Automation Manager
(OLE) ?

(Case 1)
My running application is an Client / Server application sample provided by
VB 5.0 Enterprise, which is called "Booksales". In standalone mode, the
application run perfectly. Then I try to change the settings of the server
application from Local to Remote mode and set the IP address on the Client
Registory through CLIREG32.EXE. An Automation Error occurs when the
application run in Remote mode. Can anyone tell me what are the wrongs of
mine? How can I call a remote server application?

(Case 2)
Instead of using the Automation Manager, I try to run the same application
using DCOM. The result is the same. There is no error in standalone mode.
However in running on remote mode, an Automation Error will occur. Did
anyone has any idea on my situation.

Please give some comments to me. Thank you very much for any help!

Thu, 08 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Automation Error during Remote Procedure Call (RPC) using DCOM and Automation Manager
Booksales cannot run in multi-tier mode.  You must use a different example
such as the DCOMDemo example from the VB Owner's Area
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic).

--
John Tabor

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~jftabor
___________

Quote:

>(Case 1)
>My running application is an Client / Server application sample provided by
>VB 5.0 Enterprise, which is called "Booksales". An Automation Error occurs
when the
>application run in Remote mode. Can anyone tell me what are the wrongs of
>mine? How can I call a remote server application?

>(Case 2)
>Instead of using the Automation Manager, I try to run the same application
>using DCOM. The result is the same.

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. RPC SERVER ERRORS WHEN USING REMOTE AUTOMATION

2. Remote Procedure Calls (RPC) between computers in LAN

3. Automation Error/The RPC Server is unavailable with Access/Word97

4. DCOM, Remote Automation Setup (VB Bug: AutPrx32.dll???)

5. DCOM/Remote Automation and WithEvents

6. DCOM or Remote Automation

7. Remote Automation to DCOM

8. RPC SERVER ERRORS WHEN NG REOTE AUTOMATION

9. DCOM/Remote Automation

10. Remote Automation/DCOM question

11. HW: Setup Wizard: DCOM/Remote Automation Setup

12. Remote Automation/DCOM Surprise!