Custom Data Controls Suggestion??
Author Message
 Custom Data Controls Suggestion??

Hi all.

  I would like to hear any opinion about using custom data controls.
In my current project I retrieve data from DLL functions as array of
user defined structures. As you probably know there's no way to create
customized Data Control in VB (MS said that!), so I almost designed
my own data binding scheme. It works but not_as_well_as_I_expected :(.
So I'm thinking about to go back to MS data binding scheme and therefore
I need data control that can accept my data source.
  Currently I know about Crescent DBPack and APEX MyData controls.
  Is there any other custom data control that will allow me to provide
my data? Does anybode have experience with above mentioned DCs? Or
maybe anyone has a better idea how to deal with data retrieved (and
deleted and updated of course!)  my way (I mean not through traditional
ODBC,DAO,RDO...).
  Any help, suggestion and opinion will be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks.
--
==============================
Vladimir Yakubovich

Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Custom Data Controls Suggestion??

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 20:34:54 -0400, Vladimir Yakubovich

Quote:

>>Hi all.

>>  I would like to hear any opinion about using custom data controls.
>>In my current project I retrieve data from DLL functions as array of
>>user defined structures. As you probably know there's no way to create
>>customized Data Control in VB (MS said that!), so I almost designed
>>my own data binding scheme. It works but not_as_well_as_I_expected :(.
>>So I'm thinking about to go back to MS data binding scheme and therefore
>>I need data control that can accept my data source.
>>  Currently I know about Crescent DBPack and APEX MyData controls.
>>  Is there any other custom data control that will allow me to provide
>>my data? Does anybode have experience with above mentioned DCs? Or
>>maybe anyone has a better idea how to deal with data retrieved (and
>>deleted and updated of course!)  my way (I mean not through traditional
>>ODBC,DAO,RDO...).

Have you looked into CodeBase... Not sure if it will suit your needs,
but its pretty user definable in the code sense, and a pretty good
data control as well.

Quote:
>>  Any help, suggestion and opinion will be greatly appreciated.

>>  Thanks.
>>--
>>==============================
>>Vladimir Yakubovich
>>Programmer/Analyst
>>Kanchi Inc., Norcross, GA

                            TRoN~!
                            CompuTec Data Systems

Sun, 01 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Custom Data Controls Suggestion??

2. ODBC custom controls -- Suggestions

3. 3rd party data controls, suggestions?

4. SUGGESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS

5. Raising Custom Active X Controls Events when using Data Repeater Control

6. Suggestion from Custom Dictionary Only

7. Custom Menu and toolbar stop working, Any suggestions?

8. Seeking suggestions on how to use VBA to insert custom variables in MS Project 98 Header

9. HELP: writing a custom control data into a file

10. Returning data to custom control from a form

11. drag-and-drop from Data Environment designer onto custom control

12. data validation, custom textbox control