Problems with long file names
Author Message
 Problems with long file names

Path and File Name Problem

Platform: NT4 + SP4  (US version)

I use NuMega DevPartner add-in programs and now they won't cooperate with
VB.

Suddenly long path and file names appear in the short format (8 characters:
6 + ~1) in my VB environments (VB6 + SP1 or VB5 + SP3).

Currently saved projects appear in short format (in Open Project/Recent/
File and Folder list)

Does anyone know what causes this?

Thanks in advance!

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with long file names
Hi,

I bought the products from Numega in Holland without support because I just
wanted to check if the products are good enough. Later I have found that
Numega's products are excellent. The problem was solved by reinstalling
Numega but what caused the problem is not solved. Maybe I shoud have taken
the support also.

Kind regards,

Klaus J.  - Visual Management Oy

Quote:

>Path and File Name Problem

>Platform: NT4 + SP4  (US version)

>I use NuMega DevPartner add-in programs and now they won't cooperate with
>VB.

>Suddenly long path and file names appear in the short format (8 characters:
>6 + ~1) in my VB environments (VB6 + SP1 or VB5 + SP3).

>Currently saved projects appear in short format (in Open Project/Recent/
>File and Folder list)

>Does anyone know what causes this?

>Thanks in advance!

Sun, 07 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't Get full File name for Long file names

2. Get long file name from short file name

3. 8.3 file name to Long file name

4. Long File Names and Short File Names

5. Get Short File Name from Long File Name?

6. Long file names to 8.3 File names convertion

7. Long file names to short file name

8. Getting short file name from long file name:

9. Converting Long File Names to Short File Names

10. long file names to short file name

11. How to convert long file names to short file names

12. Api function to convert Long File Names To Short Dos File Names