ASP Error with Access database
Author Message
 ASP Error with Access database

Hi All,

   I have an ASP page I'm attempting to create via Visual Interdev. I
created a small Access database on the web server and created a share to it.
When I test the connection from VIdev it is successful, but when you try to
load the page...

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] The Microsoft Jet database
engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by
another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Now at this point, the only person trying to Access the database is me from
the web. I obviously have done something wrong in creating or the setup of
this database. Can someone please give me a hand?

Thanks

Sat, 02 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ASP Error with Access database
Is your ODBC datasource an User DSN or a system DSN. You need to
define it as a System DSN or the webserver cannot access it. That's
the first thing that come to mind.

Cheers PhiRo

Quote:

>Hi All,

>   I have an ASP page I'm attempting to create via Visual Interdev. I
>created a small Access database on the web server and created a share to it.
>When I test the connection from VIdev it is successful, but when you try to
>load the page...

>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] The Microsoft Jet database
>engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by
>another user, or you need permission to view its data.

>Now at this point, the only person trying to Access the database is me from
>the web. I obviously have done something wrong in creating or the setup of
>this database. Can someone please give me a hand?

>Thanks

Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. error doing a FILTER on an Access database via Asp/VBScript and ADO

2. Weird ASP error when trying to add a new record to a MS Access database

3. error doing a FILTER on an Access database via Asp/VBScript and ADO

4. Access Database Error (ASP)

5. asp to access database error...

6. Need help with ASP to access my Access Database

7. Crystal 1.0 database error when connecting to Access 1.1 database

8. Access 2000 Database Error - error opening file

9. Error when accessing Access database from form

10. Runtim Error 3049 accessing Access Database

11. Runtim Error 3049 accessing Access Database

12. Error in accessing access database