Error 429 when passing an objet reference to a remote server
Author Message
 Error 429 when passing an objet reference to a remote server

Hi,

It is now two days I am trying to create an OLE Remote Server (using VB4.0).
I can call the server (Win95) from a client (Win95), but then it is really
impossible to give the server a reference to any objet on the client (any
class, a reference of a database, or dbengine...) Same for the other way,
the server cannot give the client a reference on an object. Every time the
client fails with a 429 error... "An ActiveX component cannot create an
object".
Yet, it MUST be possible, since there are examples of callback in order to
achieve some "multithreading"...
There is some information on Microsoft's knowledge base, telling this would
be a bug of Win95 OSR2 ; but it does not seem to apply to this case : there
is apparently no "Dial Up" component to remove in my Network configuration.

Anyone got the same problem ? Is there a solution ?
Thank you for any hints.
Jr?me

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 when passing an objet reference to a remote server

That error usually refers to a server that is not registered correctly in
the registry.

Quote:
> Hi,

> It is now two days I am trying to create an OLE Remote Server (using
VB4.0).
> I can call the server (Win95) from a client (Win95), but then it is
really
> impossible to give the server a reference to any objet on the client (any
> class, a reference of a database, or dbengine...) Same for the other way,
> the server cannot give the client a reference on an object. Every time
the
> client fails with a 429 error... "An ActiveX component cannot create an
> object".
> Yet, it MUST be possible, since there are examples of callback in order
> achieve some "multithreading"...
> There is some information on Microsoft's knowledge base, telling this
would
> be a bug of Win95 OSR2 ; but it does not seem to apply to this case :
there
> is apparently no "Dial Up" component to remove in my Network
configuration.

> Anyone got the same problem ? Is there a solution ?
> Thank you for any hints.
> Jr?me

Sat, 29 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 when passing an objet reference to a remote server

    Remember, when a Server calls back a client, the roles are
reversed....... client becomes server, server becomes client.... hmmmm. Make
sure you allow Remote Automation via RACMAN on the CLIENT for the specified
class, and make sure Automation Manager is running on the client AS WELL as
on the server.
Good luck.

Mike

Sat, 29 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error 429 Remote Server Access to HelloProj

2. Winsock Reference, error 429?

3. ActiveX component can't create object or return reference to this object (Error 429)

4. Error 429 when passing user defined types

5. ADO 2.0 Error passing recordset from DCOM Server to Remote Client

6. Error 429 : OLE Server can't create object

7. HELP - VB4/16 run time error 429 - ole server can't create object

8. Error 429 - OLE Automation Server...

9. VB4 Enterprise Remote OLE Err 429

10. Validity of remote server object references

11. License information error (Error 429)

12. Remote Scripting: Trouble Referencing an Active X Control on the Server Page