HELP! SP5 has broken my VB installation!
Author Message
 HELP! SP5 has broken my VB installation!

I have installed SP5 for Visual Studio Enterprise. Now my Visual Basic
refuses to work with
any of the projects created by VB SP4 version. Many of the controls are not
recognised. I get
loads of loading error messages and log files. What is going wrong please?
Can someone
PLEASE help?

Sat, 25 Oct 2003 21:37:14 GMT
 HELP! SP5 has broken my VB installation!
eek. are you sure its to do with sp5 and not a .FRX problem or something?

Edit one of the log files, and post the results here. Your project has lost
some references which need to be put back - if you have controls missing
then you'll see some picture boxes where your pride and joy once were.

Quote:
> I have installed SP5 for Visual Studio Enterprise. Now my Visual Basic
> refuses to work with
> any of the projects created by VB SP4 version. Many of the controls are
not
> recognised. I get
> loads of loading error messages and log files. What is going wrong please?
> Can someone
> PLEASE help?

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:57:53 GMT

1. HELP! SP5 has broken my VB installation!

2. WNetCancelConnection broke with SP5

3. Active-X installation and InstallShield using Visual Basic 6.0 SP5

4. Access97: Latest MS dev tools break existing Access installations

5. VB6 SP5 not compatible with pre SP5???

6. Help!!I am having VB homework problem...

7. Having problems with SIMPLE query in VB 6 and Access XP, Please Help

8. HELP.....MSDN Font is broken (only in VB section)

9. Help : Breaking One WORD variable to two BYTE variable in VB

10. Installation vb.net failed - Urgent Help needed

11. HELP - VB Installation ?

12. HELP: VB 4.0 installation