Does the mouse wheel work in the VB IDE code windows?
Author Message
 Does the mouse wheel work in the VB IDE code windows?

I recently got a new mouse with the scroller wheel.  I love it, but VB code
windows do not seem to support it.  The project manager window does work,
just the actual code windows don't work.

I have VB6 Ent. sp3 on WinNT4 sp5.  Did MS just not support this in the code
window?  Any solutions?

TIA
David Phillips

Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Does the mouse wheel work in the VB IDE code windows?
Does work, have you installed the Intellimouse drivers?

Quote:
> I recently got a new mouse with the scroller wheel.  I love it, but VB
code
> windows do not seem to support it.  The project manager window does work,
> just the actual code windows don't work.

> I have VB6 Ent. sp3 on WinNT4 sp5.  Did MS just not support this in the
code
> window?  Any solutions?

> TIA
> David Phillips

Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Does the mouse wheel work in the VB IDE code windows?
Funny, I have two servers side by side. One works, and one doesn't. The one
that doesn't has an older version of the driver.

I believe you need IntelliMouse version 2.2c or higher.

--
Monte Hansen
VB Yuk Yuk

No Spam Please - Replies Welcome Anytime

Quote:
> I recently got a new mouse with the scroller wheel.  I love it, but VB
code
> windows do not seem to support it.  The project manager window does work,
> just the actual code windows don't work.

> I have VB6 Ent. sp3 on WinNT4 sp5.  Did MS just not support this in the
code
> window?  Any solutions?

> TIA
> David Phillips

Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Does the mouse wheel work in the VB IDE code windows?
The VBA code editor doesn't have any native support for the mousewheel.
(Pretty lame, IMHO). You need a mouse driver that supports universal
scrolling. The latest MS driver has this option, you should be able to turn
it on in control panel. Another option is a program called Flywheel, that is
a $10 shareware program you can find at http://www.plannetarium.com. It
works better than the MS driver and is more customizable.

Jeff

Quote:
> I recently got a new mouse with the scroller wheel.  I love it, but VB
code
> windows do not seem to support it.  The project manager window does work,
> just the actual code windows don't work.

> I have VB6 Ent. sp3 on WinNT4 sp5.  Did MS just not support this in the
code
> window?  Any solutions?

> TIA
> David Phillips

Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Does the mouse wheel work in the VB IDE code windows?
Thanks!  I asked the 'hardware people' about special drivers that came with
my mouse...   What do you know, I have a disk with 2.2d mouse drivers.  The
wheel works fine now.

Thanks for ALL the responses.
David Phillips

Quote:
> Does work, have you installed the Intellimouse drivers?

> > I recently got a new mouse with the scroller wheel.  I love it, but VB
> code
> > windows do not seem to support it.  The project manager window does
work,
> > just the actual code windows don't work.

> > I have VB6 Ent. sp3 on WinNT4 sp5.  Did MS just not support this in the
> code
> > window?  Any solutions?

> > TIA
> > David Phillips

Mon, 08 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wheel mouse DOES work in VB code window!

2. Mouse wheel doesn't work in the VB IDE

3. Mouse Wheel doesn't work in Visual Studio's IDE enviornment...HELP

4. Using my wheel mouse in VB code window??

5. Mouse Wheel in VB IDE

6. Wheel Mouse and Code Window

7. Mouse scroll wheel in Visual Basic IDE

8. Wheel Mouse and the Main VB Window

9. Mouse wheel in VB code

10. Wheel Mouse and the Main VB Window

11. Wheel scroll doesn't work in the IDE

12. VB6 IDE with XP - Scroll Bar in Code window does not work