Using an ADO recordset from an MTS Component
Author Message
 Using an ADO recordset from an MTS Component

In order to reduce network usage (over a 28.8kb connection), I am using a
COM component to connect to my database and supply a recordset.  So the
recordset is actually created and exists on the server.  Then, my
client-side application sets a variable to this recordset (i.e. set rs =
MyComponent.GetRS).  This works fine, I can navigate the recordset and
everything, but when I try to bind a control (textbox or combobox) to this
new variable (which is pointing to the recordset that is open on the
server), I get the following error:   "458: Variable uses an Automation type
not supported in Visual Basic."  Any ideas?

Jim Cooper

Fri, 18 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Databinding using ADO Recordset from MTS Component

2. ] Problem passing ADO recordsets to VB6 MTS Component

3. ] Problem passing ADO recordsets to VB6 MTS Component

4. Returning ADO Recordset from MTS Component

5. ADO, Oracle, MTS, using command object to open Recordset

6. MTS component returning a recordset question

7. Help: Passing recordsets between MTS components error

8. Out of Memory Error when trying to use ADO in a MTS component

9. Error creating an MTS Component with VB6 + ADO 2.1

10. VB MTS Component, ADO, and "Transactions"

11. VB MTS Component, ADO, and "Transactions"

12. MTS component debugging using VB6